Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the scoop. I get my new 2011 Titan LE on Thursday and am looking to get some snow tires for it so 1. i do not ruin my nice new rims and 2. we get lots of snow where i live. Nissan here wanted 2675 tax in for rims and snow tires. I need nothing this good to muck around all winter on. I am looking for used but see nothing in what i think is my size or more importantly my bolt pattern. Do any other manufactures bolt pattern match the titan 6 bolt pattern. I am looking to find some used rims for the winter to muck about on. Any help would be appreciated. My new beast comes with 20's but don't need snows that size. 18's will do.:confused:

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
People on here sell there stock rims alot. try to pick a set up of those. otherwise older chevy wheels have our same bolt pattern.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I believe I read somewhere you need 18" or bigger wheels on an 08+ Titan because the brakes and rotors are bigger.

If you go with 18" rims get a 33 inch tire for it if you want to stay at stock size (your speedo and odometer will stay accurate).

P.S. the stock SR-A's actually did pretty good in snow but they were worn out at 30,000 miles

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all. Dealer was trying to sell me 18 rims from the lower model. Nice and all but not work the money to be mucking thru winter on. Very hard to get the larger sizes in snows and do not want to get into swapping tires each spring and fall. How old a chevy are you talking?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got some for my 2010 Pro-4X. I bought used 5 spoke 18" Titan rims on Ebay for $225 (with TPMS) and I bought 4 new 265/70-18 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires online from [email protected] for $142 each. Total just around $1000 with shipping.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If the truck is new, did you consider asking the dealer to swap out the stock tires for a set of Nitto Terra Grappler ATs. You can run them all year. If you want to really jump in, check if the 325/60-20 tires will fit.

Good in snow, looks cools in the summer, and less hassle then swapping wheels every 6 months.

Just a thought from the Right Coast :)

Reactions: klondike1

·
Registered
731 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 for true piece of mind winter driving. Got mine from [email protected] in the 20'' size for around $180 ea. I put them on the stock Titan 20 Rims in Fall and take them off every Spring. Costs me $30 each time to balance. This way you keep your rims and just get the best tires

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 for true piece of mind winter driving. Got mine from [email protected] in the 20'' size for around $180 ea. I put them on the stock Titan 20 Rims in Fall and take them off every Spring. Costs me $30 each time to balance. This way you keep your rims and just get the best tires
How do you like your Blizzaks? I just got mine put on yesterday, looking forward to a little more snow.

Klondike1,

How about this tire/rim package?

Nissan Titan Armada 18" Wheels & Blizzak Snow Tires! - eBay (item 120644953919 end time Dec-08-10 12:04:51 PST)

·
Premium Member
75,183 Posts
the bolt pattern is a 6 lug 5.5" diameter. as stated the smallest you'll want to go is an 18" rim.

discount tire has been pretty helpful to forum member, have you considered contacting them?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just search on here or Craigslist or Ebay.... you can get the older standard 5-spoke Titan wheels for near nothing. Just get a set of those and snow tires and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Just get a set of Goodyear DuraTracs and run them all year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a set of new takeoff Rims on ebay with new blizzak. will save 1000 going that route so that will do it i think. BTW putting snows on 20" rims is nice but rims get the crap from winter.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Reactions: Matador

·
Registered
731 Posts
In Arizona the DuraTracs might be fine but up here in Dakota and Canada you need something better

Just get a set of Goodyear DuraTracs and run them all year.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
In Arizona the DuraTracs might be fine but up here in Dakota and Canada you need something better
Thats funny because they have all severe weather ratings Including the snowflake symbol. I haven't read one bad review about them that deals with driving in snow/ice ect..... There is tons of guys with 4 door jeeps j/k's up north that have nothing but praise for them, plus the northern guys here that have run them... Are they a winter only tire no but from what i have read they are the best all year around tire.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yes by others here the DuraTracs are a good all around tire. But the Blizzaks are a pure winter tire, tested, surveyed, reviewed top notch. You must swap them out in Spring or the Blizzaks will wear out super fast.

Thats funny because they have all severe weather ratings Including the snowflake symbol. I haven't read one bad review about them that deals with driving in snow/ice ect..... There is tons of guys with 4 door jeeps j/k's up north that have nothing but praise for them, plus the northern guys here that have run them... Are they a winter only tire no but from what i have read they are the best all year around tire.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
148 Posts
thought i'd chim in as a fellow canuck, I got some Blizzaks DMV1 for the winter last year, and i loved them! I swap them off the rim in the spring, before you order from the states, check the customs and duties, might be cheaper to buy local, i got my 18's for 1600$.... pretty flicking expensive but safety has no price.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info. I ordered off eBay the ones above. From what i figure they should be here for about 1700 and that includes the rims. If there is any big difference i will post so you all know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought mine from the US, but I shipped them to a US address. I'm only 1.5 hrs from the US border, so I just drove down and picked them up. You pay duty at the border, bt it's still about half the cost of tires here. My 18" DMV1's were $670 shipped :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts