Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes I searched, for days...
the leveling thread is 62 pages long.

06 2wd king, I am planning to do a lift in stages.

1st would be a level, and try to fit 33" AT's (any issues with size?)

2nd would be another 2" on top of that. keep the 33's

so I am thinking 2" spacers for the level, so that later I can get the Bils, they will give me the additional 2" on middle or upper setting, right? and add blocks in the rear (2" or 3"). new rear shocks?

with this setting I should not have CA contact, shouldn't need new camber bolts, and shouldn't need rear carrier bracket?

am I covering everything?

Thanks again. I know it probably comes up alot.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would get bilsteins first and put the pro4x springs on them using the bottom setting. This setup should get your front up a few inches.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I don't really understand your opinion. Other than getting better ride quality.

The spacers are well under $100 for a level look. Which is all I want right now. But I will need new tires soon so that is where I'm thinking of the 33" tires.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You'll get better tire wear,your truck will ride better,and you'll level it all in one shot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. How much lift will the springs alone get me?
The bils are 1.5"-2" lift on <08 2wd correct?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to clarify you're planning on doing a spacer to level and put on 33s then move up to another 2 inch spacer on top of the other? My opinion is same as Mike's bilsteins and 08 4x4 springs. If you use 08 2wd springs you won't get that much lift maybe an inch. 4x4 will get you 1.5-2 inches I believe, then bilsteins on middle perch would put you right at level and 33s for sure. Make sure you don't get the Pro 4x springs though, they are super stiff.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sorry, no. What I was planning is 2" spacer now.

Later add bils to the front with the 2" spacers.
Bc the bils are like a 1/2" spacer and 06 2wd can have 2.5" spacer without coil bucket contact.
So I figure that will get me 3.5"-4" lift overall in the front.
and add a rear block also

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
sorry, no. What I was planning is 2" spacer now.

Later add bils to the front with the 2" spacers.
Bc the bils are like a 1/2" spacer and 06 2wd can have 2.5" spacer without coil bucket contact.
So I figure that will get me 3.5"-4" lift overall in the front.
and add a rear block also
I've got a 2011 pro4x with the bils. On mine for right now (my DK prerunner kit is getting put on at the end of the month:big_grin:) I've got the bils on the middle setting with a 1" spacer from PRG, and I sit perfectly level. If I was you I would get my setup...It rides well and does great offroad for basically stock. I have CBC but like I said I'm a 2011 soooo...yea haha. Have you looked into a spindle lift? If you are 2wd that would be the best route to go imo.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess my original question is will this setup work as I am thinking without other accessories needed (maybe camber bolts)?

2" spacers on bils for 3.5" to 4" lift on 2006 2wd king

my understanding is it will work, b/c <08 2wd with 4" lift (front) is basically same as 4wd with 2" lift since the 2wd are approx 2" lower in the front already. and you can run <08 2wd up to 2.5" spacer without coilbucket contact.

the 2nd part of the questions, can I run 33" tires on this setup (again basically 4wd with 2" lift)?

Thanks for all the replies and opinions in this thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The bilsteins on the bottom setting no longer add 1/2 inch of lift as they changed the design a couple of years ago. LT, the set up you have wouldn't level Rambob because you have both Pro4x springs which are longer and stiffer, but also a post 2008 which has even longer springs than the previous years. Yes 33's will work at level.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So spacer alone will not level. Bilsteins at bottom give no lift, so you'll have to go up to the middle notch which is supposed to be 1", netting 3 inches. This should give you coil bucket contact, but honestly these trucks are all a little different. In my particular case (you can look at my sig for everything I have) I got about three inches with no contact, but it is very very close, and I did have contact before the springs settled. However, what works for one will not always work for all. But recommended is to not go above 2.5 inches or cbc is probable

1 - 11 of 11 Posts