Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in my life, I have not been impressed with the sound of the Magnaflow exhaust on the video's on YouTube. I'm trying to decide which exhaust to get and now I'm a little disappointed. I don't wanna spring for the $600 Banks exhaust because I personally think that is outrageous for exhaust. But from what I've heard on those videos it seems to sound the best. Also, there is a Flowmaster video on there that was really nice sound, but I just don't like Flowmaster performance wise.

Can you guys help a brutha out, help me decide. I also plan on teaming the exhaust up with either the Volant or AEM intake..

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Check out the new Nismo true dual, looks promising, toataly flanged, DIY no welding but is pricey at 725 on Ebay. Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro...I'll check them out. That is pricey, but if the quality is good, I don't mind

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
What difference if any between the MF and FM will be so small that you would have to be digitally time to know the difference....
Don`t go with stainless exhausts (especially if it is 304 or 308), which i think all are made of...
Stainless will become brittle very quickly compared to steel/aluminized exhausts...
I personally know people with FM exhausts that are more than 12 yrs. old...I think one guy has had his for like 15 yrs.
Good luck with your decisions...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good advice redneckpappa... That's one of the ONLY good things about being here in SoCal...no rust, don't have to worry about things like that.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Papa_D said:
Check out the new Nismo true dual, looks promising, toataly flanged, DIY no welding but is pricey at 725 on Ebay. Good luck.

Hey Papa can you post a link to this exhaust I cant find it on ebay Thanks:cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Borla single in double out muffler and I like it pretty good.
just a thought

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sbones said:
I have Borla single in double out muffler and I like it pretty good.
just a thought
you have any vid or sound clips of it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Sniper, I have an 07 with a 18" Magnaflow dual in single out and although it does sound good I wish it was louder. I think Magnaflow makes a shorter one, I might change mine out in the future. I have mine run out to the bumper so that might be why. I didn't want to drop it before the axle cause then it would be loud inside the cab.

Good luck,

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Delta15 said:
Hey Papa can you post a link to this exhaust I cant find it on ebay Thanks:cheers:
I could tell you where to get it but I'm not gonna, lol. I think there was just one for sale at the time but it won't be long before it's available everywhere. I must not buy one, I must not buy one I,I,I,I,I may have to get this, lol.
:haveredfl

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
robpos said:
although it does sound good I wish it was louder.
yeah, from how it sounded in those videos, my stock exhaust sounded louder. I love the deep rumble of the Magnaflow, and I've always been impressed with the performance of them, but dang, I don't want my truck to be quite....

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Sniper said:
yeah, from how it sounded in those videos, my stock exhaust sounded louder. I love the deep rumble of the Magnaflow, and I've always been impressed with the performance of them, but dang, I don't want my truck to be quite....
Videos are videos... My Stillen is louder than stock and my buddys magnaflo is a bit louder than mine.. but I didn't want a loud exhaust to begin with as the sound and drone get old fast.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Most everyone has complimented my truck on it's sound. Hear one in person before you decide.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the Magnaflow is quite a bit louder than stock? I know the videos cant really do them justice, but I can compare my video to one of those and mine sounds just as loud if not a little bit louder. I've never heard the Magnaflow on a Titan in person, so it's really hard to compare.

I traded in an F-1fiddy which had a Magnaflow and it sounded really nice, I can't imagine the bigger engine in the Titan being more quiet than that...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I don't know but the magnaflow on my truck sounds 10X better than the ones on the youtube videos. First off, all the other exhaust sound the same to me. Banks, Flowmaster, JBA...etc, all of them are excessive and aggressive. The magnaflow has a toned out sound....and when you floor it, its not as agressive but it sounds like it means business. Check out my Stillen meet 2 video...you'll hear my exhaust and know what I'm talking about. If you want a quiet exhaust, get a Stillen cat-back....queit as hell!!!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I am real pleased with the sound of my Magnaflow, and more impressed with its performance! It is a 3" x 24" (30" OA) SISO made to fit the 2-1/2". It is not a Cat Back system on mine. Performance test show it and the JBA (especially with headers) to be about the best gains in power, which I think is the more important criteria.

EDIT: If there was a sound that was just downright impressive, it is the Borla, but don't tell anyone I said that.... :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Bruzer said:
Go here:

It sold me.

Now my truck sounds just like it. Even my wife and daughter love it ;)
I listened to that clip today also, really sounds nice. I want to hear a better clip of the JBA than what's on there website.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
BRACEYOSELF777 said:
I don't know but the magnaflow on my truck sounds 10X better than the ones on the youtube videos. First off, all the other exhaust sound the same to me. Banks, Flowmaster, JBA...etc, all of them are excessive and aggressive. The magnaflow has a toned out sound....and when you floor it, its not as agressive but it sounds like it means business. Check out my Stillen meet 2 video...you'll hear my exhaust and know what I'm talking about. If you want a quiet exhaust, get a Stillen cat-back....queit as hell!!!
yea mines doesnt have a loud annoying drone to it either, just a nice subtle rumble. stillen the way to go, check out their specials.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts