Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
365 Posts
What speakers did you buy to replace stock ones?
I used Crutchfield to order because the site let me specify the vehicle specs and listed what would work. Listed all the tools needed as options. The only one I ordered was the plastic trim tools which came in quite handy. They emailed videos and instructions on installation. Mounts and harnesses were included with purchase. All in was around $400. About three hours to install, and part of that was me being masculine and not reading the directions first. When I reconnected the battery and powered up the stereo, I had to immediately lower the volume that was still set for the old speakers. Life was good.

Center Dash: Infinity Kappa Perfect 300m Kappa Perfect Series 3-1/2" midrange speakers at Crutchfield

Dash Corners: Kicker 47KSC2704 KS Series 2-3/4" midrange car speakers at Crutchfield

Doors: Infinity Reference REF-6532ex Reference Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield (Have to specify front or rear when adding to cart)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read review after review after review on this truck and they were all great which is why I purchased my Titan. In all those reviews they kept going on about how good the Fender system is. I must say Im not impressed at all. Is there any adjustments besides the very basic bass, treble, balance and fade? I cant find any sub adjustment or center channel adjustment.

When the balance and fade is set to center or "0" the system is still very heavily favored towards the front speakers to the point where sitting in the back it sounds rather odd. I have to have the bass adjustment almost to the max to get any sort of decent bass. Are there some hidden adjustments some where I havent been able to find?
I hate the crappy Fender system in my 19 Pro 4x. The Fosgate system was far superior.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Fender audio system is a great system for the average listener. But for young people that like it loud with good bass, it sucks terribly. I'm going to dissect the box under the passenger seat and see if I can switch the crappy stock sub with a JL Audio 8' sub, or at least tie in another 8' sub box in the back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I think this is a funny story. About six months in, my "Fender" center speaker got that all too familiar crackle. I called the dealer to see if I'd get lucky enough for them to replace it. Of course, I got the no I expected but bring it in for us to see if it's a loose connection. Every website I read indicated that a loose connection is usually the issue. Took it in and told no loose connection. You blew the speaker sir was the expert opinion received. We can order one for you. That's when the sarcasm switch went off. So, you're telling me "Fender" can do rock concerts in stadiums but not the cab of my truck. I'm old pal, but the music is never too loud. If it's supposed to go to 11, it better go to 11. The look in his eyes told me all I needed to know. Now I realize the "Fender" is just branding on a very cheap set of speakers, but some times I just use my sarcasm to entertain myself. I left and went shopping on Crutchfield. Found a great set of speakers and replaced them all. Now it's much louder and much more clarity.

All that to say, if you're thinking about, do it. It was totally worth it to me, but it really wasn't too awful expensive.

PS: The speaker wasn't blown. Loose connection was the culprit. Doubt they even looked at it. Replaced it anyways.
Well, I think this is a funny story. About six months in, my "Fender" center speaker got that all too familiar crackle. I called the dealer to see if I'd get lucky enough for them to replace it. Of course, I got the no I expected but bring it in for us to see if it's a loose connection. Every website I read indicated that a loose connection is usually the issue. Took it in and told no loose connection. You blew the speaker sir was the expert opinion received. We can order one for you. That's when the sarcasm switch went off. So, you're telling me "Fender" can do rock concerts in stadiums but not the cab of my truck. I'm old pal, but the music is never too loud. If it's supposed to go to 11, it better go to 11. The look in his eyes told me all I needed to know. Now I realize the "Fender" is just branding on a very cheap set of speakers, but some times I just use my sarcasm to entertain myself. I left and went shopping on Crutchfield. Found a great set of speakers and replaced them all. Now it's much louder and much more clarity.

All that to say, if you're thinking about, do it. It was totally worth it to me, but it really wasn't too awful expensive.

PS: The speaker wasn't blown. Loose connection was the culprit. Doubt they even looked at it. Replaced it anyways.
I've been thinking about speaker replacement also, can you give us a list of what speakers you replaced/brand from Crutchfield... thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I test drove a ‘20 PR and played with the Fender system quite abit (cuz of the plandemic I didn’t have to drag a salesman with me rushing the test drive).

I wasn’t impressed with it at all. While the Rockford system in my ‘18 isn’t the greatest system out there, I just felt it was a good bit better than the fender.

The stereo and goofy shifts from the trans were the main reason I didn’t pull the trigger on the ‘20 which is arguably a better looking rig.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
390 Posts
The Fender audio system is a great system for the average listener. But for young people that like it loud with good bass, it sucks terribly. I'm going to dissect the box under the passenger seat and see if I can switch the crappy stock sub with a JL Audio 8' sub, or at least tie in another 8' sub box in the back.
Have you looked into this more?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how to log into the radio? On my rogue you had to hold a button down and rotate a knob? Volume at 40 seems like there plenty more untapped power

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you looked into this more?
I ended up swapping the sub in the box with a shallow Rockford Fosgate speaker and the front center speaker as well (Blaupunkt). The system sounds way better. No more rattling or clipping and there is now a better bass response.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
390 Posts
Save me from deconstructing my truck then ordering… or from doing any searching whatsoever - what size speaker was under the seat and what size for the center speaker? 😂

·
Registered
42 Posts
Save me from deconstructing my truck then ordering… or from doing any searching whatsoever - what size speaker was under the seat and what size for the center speaker? 😂
Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8" Dual 2-Ohm Punch Series Shallow Mount Car Subwoofer Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8" Dual 2-Ohm Punch Series Shallow Mount Car Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Blaupunkt GTX350 3.5-Inch 200W 2-Way Coaxial Car Audio Speaker, Set of 2 Amazon.com: Blaupunkt GTX350 3.5-Inch 200W 2-Way Coaxial Car Audio Speaker, Set of 2: Car Electronics

·
Registered
42 Posts
You won't be able to use the oem speaker cover on the the sub, but it doesn't make a difference because it's upside down anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't. But if you figure it out let me know. 🤔
so with the vehicle in accessory mode hold the menu button and rotate the right knob cw and ccw several times. Hidden menu pops up. Doesn’t show any audio configs thou.

·
Registered
42 Posts
so with the vehicle in accessory mode hold the menu button and rotate the right knob cw and ccw several times. Hidden menu pops up. Doesn’t show any audio configs thou.
Are there any configurations worth doing this for?

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
365 Posts
curious how it sounds better if you did nothing with the stock amp?
Better speakers will improve the sound. Less static at higher volumes. Replacing the stock amp would definitely improve the entire experience, so replacing everything would be the way to go for those that want to maximize the experience.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Better speakers will improve the sound. Less static at higher volumes. Replacing the stock amp would definitely improve the entire experience, so replacing everything would be the way to go for those that want to maximize the experience.
I get that but how noticeable would an upgraded sub be if you cant change the power going to it? The center speaker Im sure you would notice some difference but the sub Im curious about.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
365 Posts
I get that but how noticeable would an upgraded sub be if you cant change the power going to it? The center speaker Im sure you would notice some difference but the sub Im curious about.
You are totally correct about the sub. I think that would come down to personal preference. If you're looking for more bass, then certainly the amp has to be replaced. Cleaning up the static really doesn't require that.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts