Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way home from a friends house tonight when a new tricked out f150 pulled up next to me at the light. This truck was nice... well the dvd players and sunroof and system were nice. its still a ford. lol but one of his buddies(probly drunk) yelled nice truck! to me out the back window(that said flowmaster). i said thanks. then he said how SLOW is it? i laughed and said well you tell me when you see my tail lights!!! then the driver chimed in... YEAH RIGHT and turned up his music. it was on!! he was at my bumper by the time we crossed the intersection. i eventually let him catch up... then i did it again from about a 20 mph role. :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would be proud. you made some Ford lovers Titan believers. You baptised some ignorant ford sinners in the healing waters of Nissan. Nice kill bro.

·
Registered
160 Posts
lol. i wouldnt have a 2nd thought about runnin a ford. my 05 F150 didnt have sheeyot on my TITAN. not only the power of the nissan engine but also the smoothness of the shifting.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lost count on how many I have taken, oh well!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
can't believe these ford f-150 owners picking fights on other trucks,lol stock they have all of like 220hp to the rear wheels, lol we could out run thier asses in reverse if we wanted to.. i never even see any f-150s at the track excluding lightnings,lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
Toomnymods said:
can't believe these ford f-150 owners picking fights on other trucks,lol stock they have all of like 220hp to the rear wheels, lol we could out run thier asses in reverse if we wanted to.. i never even see any f-150s at the track excluding lightnings,lol
I recently saw a "Trucks" episode where they were modding a 5.4L F150. They dyno'd it 3 times, and the baseline was 202hp!!! An intake, exhaust, programmer, and headers brought it up to a blazing fast 245hp/260tq. It had big azz wheels on it, so that must've been why, right? LOL

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
wheels make no diffrence on the dyno, i tested this therory my self and it showed absolutley no diffrence.. the dynos are super sensitive and all it does is measure torque produced by the motor, then uses calculations to figure out the hp at every rpm..

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
DawgBone said:
I recently saw a "Trucks" episode where they were modding a 5.4L F150. They dyno'd it 3 times, and the baseline was 202hp!!! An intake, exhaust, programmer, and headers brought it up to a blazing fast 245hp/260tq. It had big azz wheels on it, so that must've been why, right? LOL
saw the same episode and about shot my beer thru my nostrils when i saw the look on the guy's face when he looked at the laptop to see the results. :jester: he seemed a bit excited but the second he saw the 202, his smirk turned into an embarassed look, HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Fords are pathetic, that is till they stuff the upcoming F1Fitties with their new 6.2L Boss V8 motor. but i'll put money down saying they'll exaggerate their numbers again, LOL!!!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You will eat him alive, they are fx4 it is the F150 with a rancho shock upgrade, they sit a little higher, and some other little goodies, kinda like our offroad package.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
i have plenty of wins on f150 as well. all i have is a intake kit and cat back. i am going to race my buds f150 with air intake true dual exhaust and edge programmer. i'll post vid after its done

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
chieflikalotapus said:
i have plenty of wins on f150 as well. all i have is a intake kit and cat back. i am going to race my buds f150 with air intake true dual exhaust and edge programmer. i'll post vid after its done
I would still bet on you.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
ford is not coming out w/ any new engine options for the f150 until 2010 at the earliest.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
goathead said:
ford is not coming out w/ any new engine options for the f150 until 2010 at the earliest.
correct Goat!

2009 Ford F150 - Engine Lineup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Folks ...

ALMOST DEFINITIVE ENGINE INFORMATION!!

The truck will launch in 2008 with:
4V DOHC 3.7l V6 - Port Fuel Injected (i.e. non-Direct injected)(about 280 ft.lbf at 2000 rpm) (not sure about transmission)
3V SOHC 4.6l V8 with 6speed auto (Explorer combo - 292 hp and 300 lb.-ft)
3V SOHC 5.4l 6speed auto (Expedition combo - 300 hp and 365 lb.-ft ) - it is very likely Ford Re-wroked this engine for increased power and torque so the numbers are likely to go up.
NO BOSS ENGINES

2009 1/2 Model (Februaury 2009) will add:
2V SOHC 6.2l V8 BOSS engine with 6speed auto (about 400hp)

2010 Model (fall 2009) will add:
DOHC 4.4l Common Rail Diesel with CGI block (315hp and 520 lb-ft)
4V DOHC 3.5l V6 - Twin Turbocharged Direct injected (Twin Force - 350hp, 380 lb-ft at 2000 rpm)

2011 or 2012 model will add:
4V DOHC 6.2l V8 - Twin independent variable cam timing, twin turbocharged, direct injected (Twin Force - over 650 lb - ft)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
hooligan said:
correct Goat!

2009 Ford F150 - Engine Lineup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Folks ...

ALMOST DEFINITIVE ENGINE INFORMATION!!

The truck will launch in 2008 with:
4V DOHC 3.7l V6 - Port Fuel Injected (i.e. non-Direct injected)(about 280 ft.lbf at 2000 rpm) (not sure about transmission)
3V SOHC 4.6l V8 with 6speed auto (Explorer combo - 292 hp and 300 lb.-ft)
3V SOHC 5.4l 6speed auto (Expedition combo - 300 hp and 365 lb.-ft ) - it is very likely Ford Re-wroked this engine for increased power and torque so the numbers are likely to go up.
NO BOSS ENGINES

2009 1/2 Model (Februaury 2009) will add:
2V SOHC 6.2l V8 BOSS engine with 6speed auto (about 400hp)

2010 Model (fall 2009) will add:
DOHC 4.4l Common Rail Diesel with CGI block (315hp and 520 lb-ft)
4V DOHC 3.5l V6 - Twin Turbocharged Direct injected (Twin Force - 350hp, 380 lb-ft at 2000 rpm)

2011 or 2012 model will add:
4V DOHC 6.2l V8 - Twin independent variable cam timing, twin turbocharged, direct injected (Twin Force - over 650 lb - ft)
By then, gas will be $5.00 a gallon and fire would be shooting thru the air vents because of a faulty fuel line. Just like their 2007 Super Duty line up and their exhaust problems. Not to mention, I saw one the other day and it had black smoke and flames shooting out of its exhaust. Everyone was rolling their windows down and pointing at the guys exhaust. Ford doesn't know jack about making a good economic car and they are still going down hill. By 2010, they will be in a bigger hole even with the cuts they make today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts