Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finally seeing a decent amount of 2020 Pro 4X's hitting lots when doing a nationwide search on Carguru, but none have the towing mirrors? They must make them available because some of the Youtube promo videos have them? Any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Surely they are now part of a towing package, they are on the SL now. I also see you can’t get leather in an SV like I now have. I’d need to buy a SL and moonroof to get it. I think Nissan makes some real bad decisions.

Clint

Reactions: slyfur1

·
Registered
478 Posts
I feel the same way about how decontented the King cab is even though the price went up fairly dramatically. I guess I'll just hold on to my 17.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The way all manufacturers package accessories is very frustrating to me. The amount of metal I had to take off the rear of my Titan to put the factory receiver on showed me that Nissan should ahve just put the receiver on all of the trucks. They didn't save much by omitting it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clint you are correct, apparently they are now for a "towing package" addition and when I reached out to Nissan during the live chat function I was told not available on the non xd Pro 4X at this time?This makes absolutely zero sense to me number one, because on Youtube and their own website there is a black NON XD that has them and number two the Pro 4X is supposed be the most off-road worthy package so don't you think people that are outdoorsman like me may want to mirrors available because we tow! Ugh...I just think for me personally the Titan looks better with them as well. Now the F150 in my opinion does not look good with tow mirrors.

·
Registered
254 Posts
when I bought my 2018 SL midnight I looked atr a Platinum Reserve with tow package and it didn"t have tow mirrors and the dealer would not put a set on

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
I have been in business for 44 years this year, one tip I was given by a very successful man many years ago is “give your customers the LEAST amount of reasons to say NO”. When someone has the money to spend why would you (Nissan) do something to possibly/likely have them either go elsewhere or just not buy anything and sit on that money?
I have factory leather currently in my 18 SV and now you must buy a moonroof to get leather again and it has to be an SL, screw that, it’ll be Katzkin leather and Nissan gets ZERO dollars, smart move Nissan, huh!

Clint

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clint, I love that business quote you cited, so very true! I still feel the Titan will be my next truck I just wish I could get heated cloth seats and tow mirrors in the Pro 4X. That would be my ultimate truck.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I saw a 20’ pro 4x on the road today.
Man... its amazing what changing the headlights and front bumper did for the looks. Truck looked awesome!! It was black!!!

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. I have a 2018 Pro4x but wish it didn't come with tow mirrors. I don't tow enough to warrant them. Also to get heated/cooled seats and steering wheel I had to take the leather package.

I would rather have a Pro4x with cloth heated seats and no tow mirrors.

Over time leather seats start looking like crap. They crack, tear open etc.

Ugh...looked at some online. That big ugly piece of black plastic on the tail gate has to go. WTF Nissan?!!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. I have a 2018 Pro4x but wish it didn't come with tow mirrors. I don't tow enough to warrant them. Also to get heated/cooled seats and steering wheel I had to take the leather package.

Ugh...looked at some online. That big ugly piece of black plastic on the tail gate has to go. WTF Nissan?!!
I’d have the tail piece either painted or wrapped, not left looking as it does.

Clint

Reactions: slyfur1

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I’d have the tail piece either painted or wrapped, not left looking as it does.

Clint
Looking at it more, I think it could be removed. It's probably just stuck on there with double sided tape. The non-pro4x models don't have that ugly trim piece and for inventory and production reasons I can't imagine that Nissan would have two different tailgates. It's more economical to make one tailgate and then stick on that piece.

They must not have learned from the first generation Titan. That big old plastic bib on my 2004 was stuck on with double sided tape. After enduring a few rain storms and WI winters and road salt it started to fall off. I ended up sticking it back on with the silicone black RTV gasket maker.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looking at it more, I think it could be removed. It's probably just stuck on there with double sided tape. The non-pro4x models don't have that ugly trim piece and for inventory and production reasons I can't imagine that Nissan would have two different tailgates. It's more economical to make one tailgate and then stick on that piece.

They must not have learned from the first generation Titan. That big old plastic bib on my 2004 was stuck on with double sided tape. After enduring a few rain storms and WI winters and road salt it started to fall off. I ended up sticking it back on with the silicone black RTV gasket maker.
I'm not sure I'd wanna be the guinea pig with a brand new truck trying to remove that piece lol. But it does make sense that it's just stuck on there. Haven't people with 2016-2019 platinum reserves had issues with that piece falling off? I feel like I read that somewhere. It's probably secured the exact same way that one is.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Give it a couple of years. If it's like the tailgate bib on the gen1 Titan it will start falling off all by itself. ??

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd love to see one. Late February and Nissan Canada still does not have it available on the web site, and I assume not on the lots either. Great deals on the 2019's now though.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

That is one thing that I was absolutely amazed with my Titan. My 12 year old leather didn't look like it was new, but the ONLY cracks were a small one on the top of the driver arm rest. Take both arm rests off, take the covers off, swap them over, now the crack is on the bottom of the passenger where no one messes with it.

I had dogs in my truck since year 2 of owning it, no covers on the back, and just a cheap seat cover on the front. Other than the arm rest everything else still looked great. My dad's F-150 the leather started cracking after about 3 years.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here’s my 2020 Pro4X with tow mirrors. Dealer put them on. I lose the 360 camera.
Not sure why they installed the mirrors without cameras...the part number exists with the cameras. My 2018 Pro4x has black tow mirrors with blind spot and 360 cameras.

The tow mirrors are a requirement for me. Not just because I tow, but I think they provide a much better view than the standard mirrors. I test drove two trucks back-to-back with each mirror style and there was no question to me which one I wanted.

The only way to get the tow mirrors on the Pro4x or platinum reserve now is to add them as a dealer-installed accessory. Doesn't really make sense considering the SL can have them added from the factory in a tow package. If I end up getting a 2020, I'll keep my 2018 and swap the mirrors, tailgate, and rear bumper before selling the 2018.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Reactions: tcf_dk
1 - 20 of 78 Posts