Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Years back I know it was a Frontier color and pretty sure it was on the Titan as well but not certain.

Clint

Reactions: Tristan Downey

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I think Red Alert was an option up until 2008/2009? Not all trims could get it. 4mula1fan has Red Alert and his is a 2008 I think.

It does seem dumb that they'd go from giving you 360 camera with the small mirrors to not having it with the tow mirrors. Seems like if you could get your hands on a set of the cameras you could just install them into the tow mirrors since the wiring and everything is already present.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
So OK? So you can't get leather without the moonroof? Guess that explains why I've seen only cloth seats on all the '20 XD Pro4X's I've seen in a 1000mi radius from my area. Also a lot of that ugly baja desert color. I like the Red, I've not seen a blue in my search yet either. So now our non (XD) Pro4X aren't coming with towing mirrors? Man Nissan is so frustrating in how they choose their options being limited to packages......SMH so frustrating

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
It's like I don't want the Titan boxes in the bed. But they're part of the premium package now on a Pro4X XD, so if you want the 360 camera you get stuck with the Titan boxes. (Note these are the packages for the XD the (NON XD Titan Pro4X has the packages configured differently) off course.
  • PRO-4X® Convenience Package $3,390
  • PRO-4X® Convenience Package More Information
    • Remote Engine Start System with Intelligent Climate Control
    • Heated front seats
    • Trailer light check
    • PRO-4X leather-appointed embroidered seats with contrast stitching
    • 4-way power adjustable passenger’s seat
    • Heated outboard rear seats
    • Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
    • Power tilt and telescoping steering column
    • Memory system – driver's seat, steering wheel, and outside mirrors
    • Auto-dimming outside mirrors
  • Premium Package $2,740 Premium Package More Information
  • Intelligent Around View® Monitor
  • Climate-controlled front seats – heated and cooled
  • TITAN Boxes
  • Dual Panel Panoramic Moonroof

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
So all the Pro4X XD's I've seen don't even have the (Convenience Package) cause that has leather seats.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yeah they're really putting you in a bind with their packages. A lot of other dealers are doing that too, but it seems like Nissan is going to the extreme with too few packages that include too many unwanted options.

Reactions: slyfur1

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Hello Nissan are you listening? I really would consider another Titan but I want leather and towing mirrors but do not want a sunroof or an SL. So then I guess you want me to keep my money in my bank rather than yours, what brilliant marketing you have. Keep creeping the price up and I’ll just at that point jump ship and go elsewhere. If I’m going to pay for a Chevy, Ford or Ram I may as well park one in the driveway.
I hope all who are reading this and their families are doing well through all this uncertainty.

Clint

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hello Nissan are you listening? I really would consider another Titan but I want leather and towing mirrors but do not want a sunroof or an SL. So then I guess you want me to keep my money in my bank rather than yours, what brilliant marketing you have. Keep creeping the price up and I’ll just at that point jump ship and go elsewhere. If I’m going to pay for a Chevy, Ford or Ram I may as well park one in the driveway.
I hope all who are reading this and their families are doing well through all this uncertainty.

Clint
Yep. Test drove a 2020 Pro4X. Wasn't impressed. Also I can fit 35's on this thing with a 2" level.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not sure why they installed the mirrors without cameras...the part number exists with the cameras. My 2018 Pro4x has black tow mirrors with blind spot and 360 cameras.

The tow mirrors are a requirement for me. Not just because I tow, but I think they provide a much better view than the standard mirrors. I test drove two trucks back-to-back with each mirror style and there was no question to me which one I wanted.

The only way to get the tow mirrors on the Pro4x or platinum reserve now is to add them as a dealer-installed accessory. Doesn't really make sense considering the SL can have them added from the factory in a tow package. If I end up getting a 2020, I'll keep my 2018 and swap the mirrors, tailgate, and rear bumper before selling the 2018.
My guess is the 2020 tow mirrors went away with the camera? I wasn’t happy I was losing the camera feature. Now that you mentioned it, I wonder if the 2018 tow mirrors are a direct plug and play and fitment.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My guess is the 2020 tow mirrors went away with the camera? I wasn’t happy I was losing the camera feature. Now that you mentioned it, I wonder if the 2018 tow mirrors are a direct plug and play and fitment.
Yes, the 2018 mirrors will 100% be plug and play with the 2020.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes, the 2018 mirrors will 100% be plug and play with the 2020.
I need to find someone in MN who has a 2018-2019 with tow mirrors and camera to test this swap. Anyone in the twin cities willing to test these mirrors?

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
I can’t see how they wouldn’t work, Nissan doesn’t make money having multiple parts, sku’s and harnesses. Why wouldn’t they carry over things that already worked goi g forward. Your dealer gave you a less expensive mirrors (no camera) to save themselves money.
I had someone break my mirror passing by and the dealer parts guy billed it to himself as an employee sale and the SV power mirror listed at about $725 and I got it for $512. I’d think the ones with a camera have to be closer to $1000 each.

Clint

Reactions: tcf_dk

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can’t see how they wouldn’t work, Nissan doesn’t make money having multiple parts, sku’s and harnesses. Why wouldn’t they carry over things that already worked goi g forward. Your dealer gave you a less expensive mirrors (no camera) to save themselves money.
I had someone break my mirror passing by and the dealer parts guy billed it to himself as an employee sale and the SV power mirror listed at about $725 and I got it for $512. I’d think the ones with a camera have to be closer to $1000 each.

Clint
I’ll have to do some research and call around the dealerships to see why some have the camera and some don’t. And then compare prices. I’m also thinking about modifying my tow mirrors to install the cameras. Might have to repin but that shouldn’t be difficult.

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
You can absolutely sell the mirrors you have on there now to defray the cost if you bought new ones with the camera already installed. When I looked at online salvage parts they were almost asking what I paid for a brand new mirror at dealer cost.
not was not hard to take the door panel off, I just had to figure out where the hidden screws were and then took the plastic tool to pop the clips loose.
I was looking at a 2020 SV today with towing package and it has the tow mirrors on it.

Clint

Reactions: tcf_dk

·
Registered
309 Posts
You can absolutely sell the mirrors you have on there now to defray the cost if you bought new ones with the camera already installed. When I looked at online salvage parts they were almost asking what I paid for a brand new mirror at dealer cost.
not was not hard to take the door panel off, I just had to figure out where the hidden screws were and then took the plastic tool to pop the clips loose.
I was looking at a 2020 SV today with towing package and it has the tow mirrors on it.

Clint
I will have to look into the tow mirrors with cameras. I haven’t been up to date with the Titans so I have to do some research for fitment. I have my original mirrors I plan to sell off to fund the new tow mirrors. I may have to sell my current tow mirrors too. Lol

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Go look at a platinum reserve or SL with tow mirrors and surround view system, there has to be cameras on them for the system to function. Does your originals have cameras? I’d think so to have the all around view so if they do then. so should whatever you replace them with. Let me clarify I’m just guessing my position based on how else did this change for you as you swapped mirrors and lost a feature. Hope you’re enjoying the truck overall.
I found this, where on your truck is/was the side cameras located? 2014-2020 Nissan Camera 28419-4BA0A | Balise Nissan Parts
Clint

Reactions: slyfur1

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Go look at a platinum reserve or SL with tow mirrors and surround view system, there has to be cameras on them for the system to function. Does your originals have cameras? I’d think so to have the all around view so if they do then. so should whatever you replace them with. Let me clarify I’m just guessing my position based on how else did this change for you as you swapped mirrors and lost a feature. Hope you’re enjoying the truck overall.
I found this, where on your truck is/was the side cameras located? 2014-2020 Nissan Camera 28419-4BA0A | Balise Nissan Parts
Clint
Clint I believe he doesn't have the premium package for the surround view. In the Pro4X he'd need to have a fully loaded truck for the surround view. Convenience and Premium package, leather, sunroof, heated cooled seats, all that jazz.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
So NissanUSA website sucks, what's new right? If you look at the quick views of matches they all show cloth seats. But all the Pro4X that are north of $60K if you click on their window stickers and view. Those are actually fully loaded Pro4X's with the convenience and premium package.

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Clint I believe he doesn't have the premium package for the surround view. In the Pro4X he'd need to have a fully loaded truck for the surround view. Convenience and Premium package, leather, sunroof, heated cooled seats, all that jazz.
Post #17 he said he had the feature but lost its function when they swapped his mirrors. Post #18 makes me think they didn’t want to give him the camera enabled version of the mirrors. They could have told him it was an option but he’s have to share the cost. At this point if me guesses are all correct he could very well sell both sets and come out as a wash or very close to it after buying the proper ones. He can also go to the dealer and discuss all this and tell them to help him correct that as they failed to say it was an option and they failed to mention it.

Clint

21 - 40 of 59 Posts