Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
My originals have the camera for side view completing the 360 Birdseye. I was unaware the installed 2020 tow mirrors didn’t come with the camera until reading the forum here and someone was looking for the tow mirrors with camera. Now I’m stuck between buying the tow mirrors with camera or cutting out my current tow mirrors to install these cameras. I will have 3 sets of mirrors if I purchase new tow mirrors! ?‍♂

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
My originals have the camera for side view completing the 360 Birdseye. I was unaware the installed 2020 tow mirrors didn’t come with the camera until reading the forum here and someone was looking for the tow mirrors with camera. Now I’m stuck between buying the tow mirrors with camera or cutting out my current tow mirrors to install these cameras. I will have 3 sets of mirrors if I purchase new tow mirrors! ?‍♂
Yeah I was looking at the options on the NON XD Titan. And you have the convenience package to get the surround view cameras, and even though that package included trailer brake check. and the utility package included the trailer brake controller. The normal Titan Pro 4X even with those 2 packages still doesn't come with tow mirrors? So weird, your dealer added the tow mirrors which were like $540 (but still didn't have the cameras in them) Guess they got too much feed back people wanted all that tow stuff but didn't like those BIG old tow mirrors. So yeah crazy the way they do these things model year to model updates.

Reactions: tcf_dk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah I was looking at the options on the NON XD Titan. And you have the convenience package to get the surround view cameras, and even though that package included trailer brake check. and the utility package included the trailer brake controller. The normal Titan Pro 4X even with those 2 packages still doesn't come with tow mirrors? So weird, your dealer added the tow mirrors which were like $540 (but still didn't have the cameras in them) Guess they got too much feed back people wanted all that tow stuff but didn't like those BIG old tow mirrors. So yeah crazy the way they do these things model year to model updates.
It doesn’t make sense the 2020 Pro4X no longer has tow mirrors as an option. Also, the dealership probably didn’t know that the last years tow mirrors would fit. All they told me when I asked about the camera option was that it was not available. It’s too late now to go back as I drove 900miles to get my truck. But like I mentioned, I’ve been away from the Titan forums and should’ve done a little more research on the tow mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
It doesn’t make sense the 2020 Pro4X no longer has tow mirrors as an option. Also, the dealership probably didn’t know that the last years tow mirrors would fit. All they told me when I asked about the camera option was that it was not available. It’s too late now to go back as I drove 900miles to get my truck. But like I mentioned, I’ve been away from the Titan forums and should’ve done a little more research on the tow mirrors.
It's still a option to get tow mirrors, but they're not part of a package, they are a accessory. If you had the 360 view the dealer should have installed tow mirrors with cameras. To spend that kind of money and then spend more money to get the tow mirrors and then lose your surround view is crazy and doesn't make sense. You had get the luxury package in 2018 to get the surround view, which meant you were getting a loaded truck.
I'm looking at getting a 2020 XD this year. And it comes with the tow mirrors. And to get the 360 surround view you have to get the premium package. So they are over $60K with a gas V-8, but I want all the goodies it comes with, too bad a XD will not fit in my garage.

Reactions: tcf_dk

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's still a option to get tow mirrors, but they're not part of a package, they are a accessory. If you had the 360 view the dealer should have installed tow mirrors with cameras. To spend that kind of money and then spend more money to get the tow mirrors and then lose your surround view is crazy and doesn't make sense. You had get the luxury package in 2018 to get the surround view, which meant you were getting a loaded truck.
I'm looking at getting a 2020 XD this year. And it comes with the tow mirrors. And to get the 360 surround view you have to get the premium package. So they are over $60K with a gas V-8, but I want all the goodies it comes with, too bad a XD will not fit in my garage.
Packages is how dealerships make money. The only thing I can do is research and see if I can buy parts such as the mirror cover and camera to turn my tow mirrors into the 360 view or buy new tow mirrors with the camera and sell the two sets of mirrors I have.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Packages is how dealerships make money. The only thing I can do is research and see if I can buy parts such as the mirror cover and camera to turn my tow mirrors into the 360 view or buy new tow mirrors with the camera and sell the two sets of mirrors I have.
Prob. the best approach.. There are always folks looking for the tow mirrors...

·
Registered
78 Posts
The problem with getting tow mirrors on the 2020 Pro 4X comes when you select leather seats as an option. Choosing leather seats gives you the Utility and Convenience Package. On the site, when you get to the accessories section and add the tow mirrors, you are greeted with the following message:

You are also removing:

PRO-4X® Charcoal Leather $0
PRO-4X® Utility Package $2,190
PRO-4X® Convenience Package $3,190

You are also adding:

PRO-4X® Charcoal Cloth $0

This is incredibly stupid in Nissan's part. Apparantly the reverse auto tilt mirrors are very important for off-road use. :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
The problem with getting tow mirrors on the 2020 Pro 4X comes when you select leather seats as an option. Choosing leather seats gives you the Utility and Convenience Package. On the site, when you get to the accessories section and add the tow mirrors, you are greeted with the following message:

You are also removing:

You are also adding:

This is incredibly stupid in Nissan's part. Apparantly the reverse auto tilt mirrors are very important for off-road use. :(
Every manufacturer does that crap in some degree or another. I had to buy GMC over Chevy because of options. Buick over Pontiac. I was looking to buy a 370z a couple years ago and couldn’t get the option combination I wanted so I passed on the purchase.

·
Registered
62 Posts

You are also removing:

You are also adding:

This is incredibly stupid in Nissan's part. Apparently the reverse auto tilt mirrors are very important for off-road use. :(
Until 2020, you could get the tow mirrors with the 360 camera system and reverse auto tilt mirrors in the 2017-2019 Pro-4X with all selected options (you had to select the luxury package to get 360 camera and cooled seats). I wanted (but they didn't have on the lot) the climate controlled seats and 360 camera, but even without that luxury package, I still have the auto reverse tilt down tow mirrors with the Utility and Convenience Packages on my 2017 Pro-4X

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, for some reason Nissan decided to do away with tow mirrors for the non-XD titans in conjunction with the 360 cameras. The same thing applies for the Platinum Reserve titans, too. No clue what prompted that change, because they already had the parts from the 2017-2019 titans... I'm still considering switching to the 2020 or 2021 titan when I get back to the US, but I would want the dealership to swap the mirrors, rear bumper, and tailgate with my 2018 if I traded it in. Or I might just buy the new one and swap them myself, then sell my 2018 private party.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4x
3 Posts
A dealership in GA now has in stock a black 2020 P4X with the tow mirror that contain the 360 cameras. I still can't find them to order them. So frustrating.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here’s my 2020 Pro4X with tow mirrors. Dealer put them on. I lose the 360 camera.
They only come standard on the XD now. It's available as an accessory or part of a package on non-XD models. The part number from Nissan for the Pro-4X Crew Cab (no chrome) with the 360 camera is 999L1-W700B.

There is a different P/N for the SL’s and PR’s but the only difference is chrome instead of black: 999L1-W700C.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Glad I found this thread. My 2020 Pro4X has the regular mirrors and after a 9 day fishing adventure I really missed my tow mirrors that my old Titan had. I would like to get tow mirrors added to the 2020

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I am finally seeing a decent amount of 2020 Pro 4X's hitting lots when doing a nationwide search on Carguru, but none have the towing mirrors? They must make them available because some of the Youtube promo videos have them? Any thoughts??
I order the vehicles for a large Nissan Dealer in the southwest. The Towing mirrors are not available on the 2020 Pro4X. Nissan is notorious for using last year's models or pre-production vehicles in their promo pics.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Ok
I order the vehicles for a large Nissan Dealer in the southwest. The Towing mirrors are not available on the 2020 Pro4X. Nissan is notorious for using last year's models or pre-production vehicles in their promo pics.
Do you know the color choices for the 2021’s?

Clint

·
Registered
355 Posts
I really like Goodyear Duratrac tires so I had them installed right away in the same stock size. Only difference is they are a LT not a P type plus I had the black side out. Sold the stock General Grabbers to a buddy for $600

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
47 Posts
I'm pretty comfortable with the standard mirrors on mine, granted I haven't towed anything in the week I've had it. I love the small concave mirror on the corners to see the blind spots, and I believe I can keep a camera on for the backup camera while driving. The Towing mirrors do give it a more stout look, but the standard mirrors aren't too shabby.

·
Registered
13 Posts
41 - 60 of 61 Posts