Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Banks exhaust on my 07 Titan last night. Great system, easy to install, and good instructions. Overall I am very happy, but was expecting it to be louder. On my 04 Titan I had a single in, dual out Flowmaster 50 series and I am pretty sure it was louder than the Banks. Does this make sense? I thought the Banks was supposed to be one of the loudest. Is there a "break in period" after which it will get louder? I'm not complaining, I love the system. I'm just curious.
Thanks,
Jim

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You may be partially deaf from your previous system... :dunno:

It has a different "tone" than the Suckmasters..... It will deepen as you run it and "break it in". Hell, my stock system is more aggressive than when new. It's just the nature of the beast.

·
Super Moderator
35,739 Posts
It's all personal perspective.

Lots of guys into vehicles love the sound, wives generally hate it. Most are somewhere on either side of those extremes.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Give it a little while to break in. I was very dissapointed with the sound on my Flowmaster 70 series at first. Took about 700-1000 miles and now it roars. Also, if you don't have an intake, add one...it will make the overall sound much better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've listened to sound bites on pretty much all the aftermarket exausts available and I'm going with the JBA. Seems to be the best of both worlds. "Only my opinion" but the JBA sounds like a blown V8 when you romp on it and does not have the drown at cruising speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts