Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i was drivin on a gravel road today (first time w/ new truck) and i came upon some loose gravel and happened to be accellerating and the electronic brake limited slip kicked in and kind of bogged it down for a second. then while pulling off the gravel road back onto the pavement, of course the rear wheels wanted to spin and the "slip" light came on, and it kind of bogged again. now my question is this, i dont see any traction control switches (like my maxima had) so can this be avoided by turning the VDC off? a little wheel spin is a good thing. what are everybodys thoughts on this.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
The illumination of the SLIP light indicates that the ABLS system has activated to control rear wheel slip.

Becuase both rear wheels slipped even with ABLS active, VDC reduced engine output (the truck bogged down).

Sounds like it's working as it should. VDC can be turned off with the VDC switch.

·
Registered
109 Posts
"a little wheel spin is a good thing. what are everybodys thoughts on this."

I think tires and fuel cost too much but if you gotta do it, push the VDC Off. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what i should have said is its not a bad thing in moderation. im not one to do smoky burnouts. it was just a little disconcerting to have it bog down when i was accellerating up a gravely slope.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Gotcha. It is hard for me to be moderate with this machine! Personnaly I like the VDC for everyday back and forth stuff and the option to disable it, if you just have too, seems to be the best of both worlds. :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to be honest, that was my first experience w/ the VDC and how it actually worked. ive never touched the button. its nice to know that it was really working the way it was designed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My Slip Light is on all the time

Sucks as it kills power. I wish I could leave the VDC off all the time as then I could modulate the slip of the tires. Sucks when you pull out and the engine bogs. Whereas if it was slipping you would still get forward motion. But since I can turn it off can't complain too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts