Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. so i have the two inch drop in the rear end and 24's. w/ 305/35/24. i have been going back and forth on what to do with the rear. should i take the drop out or not? And now i just found out that i have to use my truck to pull my lawn trailer (5800 lbs) seeing that my father is selling his truck. so i am going to buy the ride rite kit, take the drop out, put the 2" front mini lift on as well as take my roll pan off put my chrome bumper back on, and a hitch and see what happens. i am going to get 315/45/24's or 305/45/24 (whatever will fit) soon but intill then i will be useing the 35 series tires to pull with.

i know that some of you guys are going to think im a idiot. but i have to make it work. Im young so.. why not? so with that said i am posting this for advice on what will work, not work, and might work better. please dont reply with a whole bunch of thats stupid it will not work type of negetive responses. im looking for help not another parent.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
I don't know if you'd have to take out the drop. Can you put the ride rite's on with it lowered in the rear? If so, they why lose the drop? Yeah, you might have to lose the roll pan to fit a hitch.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i want to be higher so takeing the drop out i was going to do anyway. just because the drop was on there when i bought the truck and all they used were blocks and it rides like s%$t. so thats not the big deal, and as for the roll pan i know that they make hitchs that will work with it but the truck was ready to go to the auto body shop next week to get the roll pan fiberglassed in with the whole truck. and if one day i back up to the trailer and tap the roll pan then crack. theres goes the fiberglass. so im taking that off so its one less thing i have to worry about. this kinda sucks cause i fell like im going from a show truck to a work truck? although with the right tires a stuff i think it will look good.:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
I don't know what your lo pro tires are rated at, but you're going to get beat to schit towing on them. :lol: It would be better if you have the suspension travel trying to tow on those tires. You don't have a sidewall to absorb any energy, so you really will need the suspension to soak up what it can.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so you think that the ride rite is the way to go? the tech at the body shop said that it adds another 5000 lbs towing to the truck as well as takes the some stress off the tires for now? but he is a auto BODY tech???:upsidedow ummmm?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well I wasn't happy with the airbags when I had them on my truck but they did work well for pulling my 6800lb Toy Hauler, they were just horrible the rest of the time and one popped. I have since gone to the Roadmaster Active Suspension add-on and am extremely pleased. Not only helps with the increased loads but it also gets rid of axle wrap, removes sway and improved all around handling. BTW I have the 2/3 drop.

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
comeonitsatitan said:
ok so you think that the ride rite is the way to go? the tech at the body shop said that it adds another 5000 lbs towing to the truck as well as takes the some stress off the tires for now? but he is a auto BODY tech???:upsidedow ummmm?
If you put it back up to stock height in the rear and if you're still stock in the front, you won't need to bag it. Your tongue weight should only be about 600 lbs. and that's no big deal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
bighitter said:
Well I wasn't happy with the airbags when I had them on my truck but they did work well for pulling my 6800lb Toy Hauler, they were just horrible the rest of the time and one popped. I have since gone to the and am extremely pleased. Not only helps with the increased loads but it also gets rid of axle wrap, removes sway and improved all around handling. BTW I have the 2/3 drop.
ok good i havent had any feedback on the ride rite bags cause nobody has them around me? what was soo bad about them? Roadmaster Active Suspension add-on what is this and where do i get it? how much? my main thing is i want something that will put the least amount of strain on my tires!!! thanks sooooo much guys.:cheers:
also now that im raiseing it back to stock height i do want to raise the front to level it out. what will i need and will it effect anything?

·
Registered
484 Posts
www.activesuspension.com

there are a couple of other threads on here about them. I found them at my local RV dealer. I love them so far and I run around with about 800-900lbs of tools in the bed of my truck.

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
All you need to raise the front is a solid billet spacer, such as the PRG or NCD one. If you're 2WD, you want the 2.5" to level it. The 2" if you still want a little rake, or the mini lift of the 2.5" front, 1" rear. If you're 4WD, you really shouldn't go more than the 2" spacer. I regularly tow a 27 foot TT that weighs in at about 6k lbs with the mini lift and a W/D hitch. I haven't bagged the back yet, though I still probably will. As for how raising the front will affect things? It won't as far as ride and ability to tow.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Uhh, this is stupid, it will not work and I'm looking to be someones parent, lol. Hey man, if you bring that bad boy out to the track with the lawn trailer in tow.... I don't know you, lol. Sorry you've got to change your ride but look on the bright side, your track times may improve. Good luck, hope all goes well and maybe I'll see you at the races again.

·
Registered
484 Posts
comeonitsatitan said:
what didnt you like about the bags? thanks alot guys!!:cheers:

Well the fact that as soon as I tried to deflate them to get a better ride, one popped! If you get the airbags make sure they are the double bellow type as those are heavy duty. I didn't like the ride when the truck wasn't loaded but it could have been some of the install.

I am extremely happy with my current setup though and recommend it to everyone I can.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I know I always goof on the the bigger wheels, but I will always help out...

How often and for how long do you need to tow the trailer?
If it's a short distance then you'll need less mods from the way your truck is now to do so. Is it all on pavement?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
loufish said:
I know I always goof on the the bigger wheels, but I will always help out...

How often and for how long do you need to tow the trailer?
If it's a short distance then you'll need less mods from the way your truck is now to do so. Is it all on pavement?
yes it is all on pavement, and all flat ground. I will be towing mon-thrusday. all day long and it is about 8 to 15 miles to each lawn. 12 to 15 lawns a day.. if that helps?:dunno:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
yes it is all on pavement, and all flat ground. I will be towing mon-thrusday. all day long and it is about 8 to 15 miles to each lawn. 12 to 15 lawns a day.. if that helps?
You only dropped the rear 2 inches, can you find a hidden hitch to go with the rear oll pan? I wouldn't make any more changes except getting a hitch on, then do a check out tow. You may find for pavement and those short hopps that you can still keep the truck lowered...your tires should be fine for the towing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts