Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I figured I would ask to see if anyone prefers one or the other.

I have been looking to get a GPS, I do not need Mp3 or Bluetooth (mine already has it) and I really do not care about traffic updates (I live no where near anywhere that actually has traffic). So therefore I am looking at the lower end models. Plus I don't want to spend too much more than $200 (I can get the c340 for $200 and the 200w for $225.

The only differences I see is that the c340 gives us text to speech therefore it actually announces the street names where the 200w does not, but the 200w has the nice wider screen.

I have read the other GPS threads and am wondering if anyone has any specific experience with the two?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I got the nuvi 650 for Christmas (so proud - my wife picked the right one). They were (may still be) $299 at costco - well worth it. Wide 4.3 and text to speech which I think is pretty vital, especially when you are in some place unfamilair. No bluetooth or traffic, but it will play mp3's (who cares?)...

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I'd go for the 340. Listen, don't worry about a slightly larger screen. Listen, as it talks to you as you watch the road. Listening is better. :)

A coworker just gto the 340, loves it. I tried it out, great interface. Highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
4,638 Posts
The 200w is $199 at www.costco.com until the end of January.

Clint

·
Registered
58 Posts
The 200 series has the latest map updates v 2008 the c 3 series has the old version NT v8. Garmin updates the maps once a year for around 70 bucks or so (if you buy a unit with the old maps Garmin will give you the latest update for free with proof of purchase). The c 3 series only has enough memory to upload the US in the newer version software. the 2 series I believe is just the US anyways. The portability of the 200 is something to consider as well.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the c340 and love it. Sure the screen isn't as wide but it is wide enough for me to see it clearly. And the text to speech is an excellent option to have.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was given the 200 from work and love it. It was easy for an idiot like me to figure out and it has every practical option I needed in a gps. Don't have any experience with the other but I highly recommend the 200.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My Girlfriend got a Navigon for Christmas. I don't know which model or what features it has, but i'm sure it was in the $200 range. She likes it because when there is a road coming up that you need to turn onto, it tells you the street name, not the number of feet to the turn, plus it doesn't talk unnecessarily, like "continue going straight"...that type of stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts