Nissan Titan Forum banner

2101 - 2116 of 2116 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
In other news, the car is done!

They're going to finish up the A/C and then tune the motor this weekend.

Can't wait to see the shaker finally installed and the hood closed and most important of all, hear it start up!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Do tell Steve.

About time Mike. So 2 more months?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Jon is good. Texted him a bit today. I don't think he's active anywhere online anymore though.

Good job on that elbow dude. lol I laid the bike down 2 weeks ago and got a nice stage 4 sprain paired with heavy contusions to my right ankle, a nasty bruise on my hip and minor abrasion to my elbow. All of the bruising is finally gone and most of the soreness. Could've been tons worse. I had the best case scenario. Was turning left at a stop sign, got to my lane running 15-20 mph and hit something, oil/antifreeze/idk, the rear slid out from under me and pulled a 180*, finally catching, throwing me off and continuing to slide. The bike and I ended up in the oncoming traffic lane on top of a blind hill, fortunately nothing was coming during the whole ordeal and I had time to get the bike up and off the side of the road before anything did. I rode it home from there. Fortunately I was wearing a pair of leather tennis shoes, jeans, a thick canvas type coat, insulated gloves, and (as always) my helmet. Had it been 20* warmer out I wouldn't have been wearing the coat and gloves and would've gotten some nice road rash. The bike didn't get banged up too terribly bad. I've already bought all of the parts I need. New headlight trim ring, tachometer, brake fluid reservoir, turn signal lens. I was more upset of the fact that my tank got dented than anything else. Hopefully I can get the 2 dents pulled fairly cheap and I'll repaint it at work. I hate that I'll be losing the factory 2 tone tank paint though.

Now do tell us your story?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
That's a shame for Jon, but glad he is ok. I guess he's done with the car scene, he was always so into it though.

My story is, we had a job that needed to get done fairly quickly. This day it was raining, but the Boss said it had to get done. This store has a really crappy setup for getting on the roof. We set up a ladder outside, on a painted, wet sidewalk (it's either here, or in the way of cars). After we got done on the roof (me and a good friend, who was lead on the job), we headed back down. I got to the ladder a split second before him, and was just starting to climb down. The bottom of the ladder slid out. I reached for the edge of the roof, but my feet slipped on the wet ladder. I couldn't get a handle on the edge of the roof anyway.

I fell 15', and landed on the sidewalk, my buddy watching the whole thing. He originally thought I was dead, and he was in shock because I didn't move ( I couldn't breathe). Once I moved he flew down from a dangerous inside hatch. My left arm and left buttocks took the hit. I got 30 staples after surgery. Shattered/crushed elbow, and the bone was knocked out of position. We aren't sure I'll ever be back to full capacity like I was. I originally wanted to sue someone, because I'm freaked out. I've calmed down now, but I'm anxious to see how I heal and whether I can do my job the same. With all that said, I'm happy to be here and happy to be walking.

0.jpg

0000.jpg

That bruising got much worse, spreading to most of the shoulder.

000.jpg

00.jpg

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I think he's still gonna get something else later.

Nastyyyyy. I'm not even gonna zoom in on the pictures. You're lucky.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
So that's their excuse now huh?

All picking aside, how long has this taken?

·
Registered
14,107 Posts

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
We're here Good Buddy!!! :thumbsup:

It's So Great to see ya posting again! Missed ya man!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Dude......

2101 - 2116 of 2116 Posts