Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using my bullydog gt to monitor my truck for a few years. My truck is uprev tuned. I'm going to use the bdgt to tune my wife's pathfinder...

I've gotten use to keeping an eye on my coolant, trans temp and AFR. Is anyone using a Bluetooth reader, if so what type? Also what app are y'all using?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm using an ELM327 adapter I bought off Amazon. It's been going strong across three different vehicles for almost a year with no hiccups. I use the Torque app to monitor. Be aware you will lose the Trans Temp gauge as BDGT is the only one who has it, other than some very expensive mechanic diagnostic readers. I keep hoping someone will figure out the sensor combination to read it but nobody has so far. That is my only complaint. Everything else is terrific with this setup. You will need an Android phone or tablet because the Bluetooth dongle won't work with iOS. (Update: It appears they have a WiFi version for iOS, but I can't speak to how well it works, nor whether Torque or any other app works with it on iOS.)

The dongle I have is this one:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using an ELM327 adapter I bought off Amazon. It's been going strong across three different vehicles for almost a year with no hiccups. I use the Torque app to monitor. Be aware you will lose the Trans Temp gauge as BDGT is the only one who has it, other than some very expensive mechanic diagnostic readers. I keep hoping someone will figure out the sensor combination to read it but nobody has so far. That is my only complaint. Everything else is terrific with this setup. You will need an Android phone or tablet because the Bluetooth dongle won't work with iOS. (Update: It appears they have a WiFi version for iOS, but I can't speak to how well it works, nor whether Torque or any other app works with it on iOS.)

The dongle I have is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJPHEBO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
Thanks for the quick reply.
That was the exact set up I was looking at. I have a spare Android I can load the app onto.
Now that you mention I remember reading about the trans temp. I have the big tow package so I do have a gauge... But I prefer numbers. The afrs will read in volts right? Not an actual ratio?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
You can get ratio or O2 sensor voltage. Or both. Totally your choice.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts