86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if the code:

( P0113 ) Air Temperature Sensor High Out of Range Fault

relates to the MAF ?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Oh No! Not another K&N victim... did you throw an SES and that was the code you got?? How did you get the code? serial link to your laptop? THAnks.

Has to be either the MAFS or the Intake Air Temp sensor in the front of the throttle body. Either way, could be caused by the K&N's oil throwing off the sensor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope..still the same victim.

If the MAF sensor was damaged to the point that it wouldn’t let the vehicle start, wouldn’t that store a different code directly related to the MAF? Is it possible that cranking the vehicle every 2-3 minutes for a 20 minute duration on a hot day ( desperate ) would introduce hot air into the throttle body causing the “out of range” for the high air temp?

·
Registered
823 Posts
pciley said:
Oh No! Not another K&N victim... did you throw an SES and that was the code you got?? How did you get the code? serial link to your laptop? THAnks.

Has to be either the MAFS or the Internal Air Temp sensor in the front of the throttle body. Either way, could be caused by the K&N's oil throwing off the sensor.
The IAT and the MAFS are one unit. Big Pete, I can send you the check out procedures from the service manual if you need them, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
you know what, I apologize. Thought the intake air temp sensor was just inside the TB, but it looks like it is attached to the bottom of the MAF... heres the pic from the service manual and you are absolutely right.
Well, that would explain why its so expensive as a combined sensor, huh?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts