Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my OBX headers in the mail today that were purchased on Ebay. I'll do the install myself, but will wait a couple weeks or so until I can take some vacation time and take my time and not be rushed with the install.

These will be paired with the Berk Tech B-pipes pending the GB going on, and a Bully Dog GT (already installed.)

Here are a couple pics out of the box. They came in plastic heatshrinking inside the box. No instructions or documents aside from my invoice, but that's what the TT forums are for right?! :)

I'll start some PB blaster on it soon and repeat over the next couple weeks until i'm ready to jump under there.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
They sure look nice. Gaskets are supposed to be included?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
They look good! Make sure to post up a review and photos of install and fit. I wanna see how these compare to the other offerings out there. Get some buddies to help. Takes some of the strain out of doing the deed. Good luck!

Still can't beat the Nismo's though! Sorry!!! LOL Although if the Kooks happen they may be the ticket.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They sure look nice. Gaskets are supposed to be included?
Yeah, sorry. They're in a flat box on the desk. It comes with the manifold gaskets and flange gaskets plus four new flange bolts.

I'd rock the nismos, if they werent expensive and unavailable. lol. Thats the only reason I opted on the OBX's was price and availability.

Reactions: Nick741

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Nice, can you please post some pics of runners from the flange looking in? I've been wondering if they are welded inside as well for strength. If not I would strongly suggest it before installing them.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just got my OBX headers in the mail today that were purchased on Ebay. I'll do the install myself, but will wait a couple weeks or so until I can take some vacation time and take my time and not be rushed with the install.

These will be paired with the Berk Tech B-pipes pending the GB going on, and a Bully Dog GT (already installed.)

Here are a couple pics out of the box. They came in plastic heatshrinking inside the box. No instructions or documents aside from my invoice, but that's what the TT forums are for right?! :)

I'll start some PB blaster on it soon and repeat over the next couple weeks until i'm ready to jump under there.
Are they going on a 4x4? Where are u doing the install?

·
Registered
364 Posts
These are the only Stainless Steel headers in my budget range. Please keep us informed on how these work out for you.

some close-up pics of the welds would really be nice :teethmast

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take some more detailed pics tomorrow and post up. They are going on a 4x4, and i'll be doing the install in my garage that barely fits the Titan. lol. If I close the garage door, I go through the crew cab to get to the other side.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I'll take some more detailed pics tomorrow and post up. They are going on a 4x4, and i'll be doing the install in my garage that barely fits the Titan. lol. If I close the garage door, I go through the crew cab to get to the other side.
As mentioned earlier, please take a pic of the inside of the flange to see if there is any weld there.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I got the same ones awhile back and doing the install this weekend due to it being a 3 day weekend. I plan on starting around 9-ish Sunday morning. I also have a 4x4 and I'll let you know how much of a PITA it was. Pics also, that's a given.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
There are 2 frontiers on drag times running OBX headers. One guys runs a 14.1 with cams & a tune the other guy ran a 14.3 without cams. I'll be emailing them for a group buy rate.

Reactions: deadlift

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
14.1 with cams/tune etc? I was expecting a lot better from one with those mods.........

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Per requests, the best I could. I'm exhausted and I couldn't hold the camera still, so only a few pics are worth viewing. Hopefully this helps, but if you want more let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
They look great on the outside but the inside photo was a kind of blurry and looks ground down.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help us out. I'm going to get a set of these soon. If I don't like any of the welds I'll fix them before installing (have not TIG welded in about 15 years but still very proficient at MIG) :teethmast

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Everything pictured looked good to me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They look great on the outside but the inside photo was a kind of blurry and looks ground down.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help us out. I'm going to get a set of these soon. If I don't like any of the welds I'll fix them before installing (have not TIG welded in about 15 years but still very proficient at MIG) :teethmast
Correct, everything is ground down inside.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I got the same ones awhile back and doing the install this weekend due to it being a 3 day weekend. I plan on starting around 9-ish Sunday morning. I also have a 4x4 and I'll let you know how much of a PITA it was. Pics also, that's a given.
So how are your knuckles doing?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
So why don't you get a pair? always running around talking this and that, well get you some dang headers! These are cheap! You may not even need a custom tune
Sudden is itching to start modding again, I can feel it! LOL He posted something the other day about he needs, headers, uprev, TT and a shift kit and then later deleted it....LMAO

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So how are your knuckles doing?
Thats what I wanna know! I wanna know how his install went. I'll get mine done as soon as I get some free time. Mine eyeball me every time I walk into my office at home. BDGT really opened up the truck, but need to get rid of that horrible cracked manifold sound. lol.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts