364 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Those look like a ripoff of DT headers.........look identical to me??? Damn shame......can't make anything nowadays w/out someone ripping it off and copying it to make in China for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well for that price I'm sure they rust just like the DT's do as well

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
The OBX's are made from 304 stainless steel and includes gaskets. DT's are mid steel and no gasket for alot more money. So, would you support a made in the USA crappy workmanship for top dollar or China's crappy workmanship for alot cheaper?

Now if DT had a better customer service, maybe the China knockoff would not be so attractive IMO.

I remember recently DT posting on a thread about DT's rusting up north, something to the effect that they were making a stainless steel version, but did not offer to do anything for those Yankees with the rust problems. That bothered me. Guess they got beat...bad Karma has a way...

L

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
304ss!! I'll bet they last longer than dt's. I might get me a set of of these. I'm tired of american companies ripping us off anyways!

Reactions: Ryno87 and O-FiveCC

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Who care's if they're from China, we drive NISSAN's. I bet they'll last longer than the stock manifolds that crack.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
304ss!! I'll bet they last longer than dt's. I might get me a set of of these. I'm tired of american companies ripping us off anyways!
They will out live us all even our grand kids!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I see the 304ss lasting, but more importantly how about the welds and fitment? From my experience with OBX, you can't beat them for the price. The most I've had to do was either enlarge a couple of the mounting holes or machine the flanges flat for even gasket sealing on other models. The stainless actually held up, with the normal ss discoloration. This was on both turbo charged (OBX turbo manifolds) and NA headers. I would also in some cases have the inside of the runners rewelded and grounded down where they meet of the flange from the head for extra strength. Now this may be hard to believe but there are actually OBX knockoffs out there that I have seen crack within 100 miles, or even have the 02 sensor bung welded out of place. Its basically comes down to someone on the forum installing their set and testing them out. But I would still like to see good clear pics of the inside runners on the head side of the flange, to determine if I would recommend rewelding.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Come on....don't you think DT spent a lot of time and money to make these headers for the Titan, which has a very limited market to begin with? You'd rather spend your money on some chump making maybe $3-4/hr in China than keep your money in the USA? There's a reason parts for this truck are expensive. One, there's not much of a market for them and two, you can't spend the money on R&D and make a decent profit without someone copying them and getting them made outsourced. Damn shame really. So i guess if ARH made a kicka*s set of headers for the T and charged $1200 for a set, that would be too much also? Look at how much they cost for every other vehicle they sell. There's an old saying.........

Go fast and cheap = not reliable
Reliable and not fast = cheap
Reliable and fast = not cheap

You get what you pay for. I wouldn't spend my money on anything knockoff......regardless of what it was. Someone put in the time to R&D the product.....they deserve the rewards, not some outsourced, garbage company. (not saying OBX makes crap products, but they're still copy cats)

·
Registered
358 Posts
No doubt they should be rewarded for their R&D but, a small market is no excuse for a high price. I guarantee there is a ridiculous amount of mark up in the DT's. Since there is such a small market for them you would think they would settle for a lower profit margin because they are one of the few companies that offer the LT's. But that almighty dollar is king. When you work in retail and see how high of a markup there are in certain things, you look at things in a completely different perspective. So, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Those look nice!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well if anyone gets these anytime soon please let us know how they perform an look overall as far as fitment for install. P.I.t.a factor and performance gains.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone know the power gains?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw these and I might end up buying these. I'll let you know when I install these.:redblob"

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I know that when funding comes in, I'm getting them. Hmmmmm, maybe Santa might bring me some.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts