Nissan Titan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
ok cool i wanna go ill move work around when the time comes if i have too
cool! as far as where we camp, i don't know... HondaRider knows Ocotillo like the back of his hand so i'm 100% positive you'll be fine with a camp site and getting in and out! awesome place to ride your dirtbike! really wish i had one!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
No problem on the lowered truck. Just need to drive down a dirt road. Dirt is O.K. on you pretty lowered truck right? HA That is a nice truck. No problem I will be bringing my quad to ride in the day and truck at night. I may still tow my trailer out friday night and work saterday. then head back out saturday night not sure yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This one sounds even more fun now that we're adding bikes to the mix!!:jester:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i remember a long tima ago driving down the main paved road and there was a dirt turnoff on the right with a sign i think. went straight through hills then opened up to flat camp spots

·
Registered
426 Posts
hondarider227 said:
No problem on the lowered truck. Just need to drive down a dirt road. Dirt is O.K. on you pretty lowered truck right? HA That is a nice truck. No problem I will be bringing my quad to ride in the day and truck at night. I may still tow my trailer out friday night and work saterday. then head back out saturday night not sure yet.
got a question for ya. for towing. how far of a drop do u use on your hitch? i have to tow a uhaul trailer to move back down and just picked up a drop hitch that drops six inchs even tho i got a 4 inch lift. think ill be ok. and if u want. i can take the trailer out for you. lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
kronos2 said:
got a question for ya. for towing. how far of a drop do u use on your hitch? i have to tow a uhaul trailer to move back down and just picked up a drop hitch that drops six inchs even tho i got a 4 inch lift. think ill be ok. and if u want. i can take the trailer out for you. lol
Rule of thumb. From the top of the ball to the ground, 21 to 24 inchs. For normal loads 500 to 700 lbs of tounge waight I use a ball mount with a 6 inch drop, but with my toy box the drop is about 4 inchs because the trailer sits higher, and 900-1000 pounds of tounge waight. I also have air bags in the rear so I am always level. As far as you taking my trailer ya noooooo!!! Being only a hour and a half from my work I am take it out friday. Play friday night till 1 or 2 in the morning get a few hours of sleep then head to work. With it being the beginning of the season I think we will camp right at main street. I don't camp here very often because there are so many people there during the season. It is easy to find (can see it from the highway) and there are showers 1/4 mile away, and bathrooms 25 yards away. This will make it very easy for eveyone to find.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
O.K. so here is the start of the list I know we are still a month plus away. I will also put up directions and meeting spots a few weeks before. Also put down what you are bringing Motorcycle or quad or buggy.

1. Hondarider227 (may stay till Monday) Quad

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Also I think if there are a group of 20 trucks or more we should look at doing a poker run if we can pull it off. 10 bucks a truck, 5 stops and winner take all or we could go more 20 bucks a truck. We can work out details.

·
Registered
426 Posts
hondarider227 said:
Rule of thumb. From the top of the ball to the ground, 21 to 24 inchs. For normal loads 500 to 700 lbs of tounge waight I use a ball mount with a 6 inch drop, but with my toy box the drop is about 4 inchs because the trailer sits higher, and 900-1000 pounds of tounge waight. I also have air bags in the rear so I am always level. As far as you taking my trailer ya noooooo!!! Being only a hour and a half from my work I am take it out friday. Play friday night till 1 or 2 in the morning get a few hours of sleep then head to work. With it being the beginning of the season I think we will camp right at main street. I don't camp here very often because there are so many people there during the season. It is easy to find (can see it from the highway) and there are showers 1/4 mile away, and bathrooms 25 yards away. This will make it very easy for eveyone to find.
thanks. as for the toy hauler. was a joke dude. i dont even have electronic brake system on my truck yet.

·
Registered
426 Posts
hondarider227 said:
Also I think if there are a group of 20 trucks or more we should look at doing a poker run if we can pull it off. 10 bucks a truck, 5 stops and winner take all or we could go more 20 bucks a truck. We can work out details.
when and where is it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
kronos2 said:
thanks. as for the toy hauler. was a joke dude. i dont even have electronic brake system on my truck yet.
I know you were kidding. As for the poker run. I will put together 5 spots we will drive to, in Ocotillo. At each spot you will get a card the best hand wins when we are done. This will be done a little different. Most of the time its a free for all and you go to each location any way you want. In our case we will stay in a group, We will do it like Saterday night so we are all in trucks and I will take us to 5 different spots that the 2 wheel drives can also get to. We will cover close to 25-30 miles of fun driving. It will be good times. By staying together we don't have to have people out there waiting on us to show up at a location. It is a fun way to see a lot of the desert and make some bucks if you win.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I think I am going to make this trip. Hoping to bring the Banshee for a little break in before glamis season, I really need to buy some skidplates too. Last time I took a quad to ocatillo I broke my shoulder, I get too much spin with my stock dirt tires.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
I think I am going to make this trip. Hoping to bring the Banshee for a little break in before glamis season, I really need to buy some skidplates too. Last time I took a quad to ocatillo I broke my shoulder, I get too much spin with my stock dirt tires.
get some holeshots

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
kronos2 said:
get some holeshots
I don't ride dirt enough to buy new tires for it, the bike is really setup for dunes. It would be easier to just buy a dirtbike in the future :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Justintoxicated said:

You broke your shoulder from too much spin? Do you have your stock tires because you don't want to run your paddles at Ocotillo. You do run paddles at Galmis right?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
hondarider227 said:
You broke your shoulder from too much spin? Do you have your stock tires because you don't want to run your paddles at Ocotillo. You do run paddles at Galmis right?
Yea I use the stock tires like every year or 2 (since 2000 when I bought the thing) for the ocasional trip to Rockatillo.

yea I was getting a bunch of tire spin and sliding makeing a turn and it suddenly hooked up and tipped the quad on it's side, I hit my shoulder on a rock or maybe it was just hard *** dirt and fractured it.

I guess I could bring my old beat up Skate II's but no way I'm running my Skat Tracks on rocks!.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey guys I wish I could make that weekend but I,m going to be out off town, But would like to do a trip out to Pismo soon if anyone else is interested

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
chato said:
hey guys I wish I could make that weekend but I,m going to be out off town, But would like to do a trip out to Pismo soon if anyone else is interested
Oceano Dunes are the sh!t...!!!! but sand there is deeeeeeep and would murder 2wds!!! unless... i get some paddles!!!! :teethmast

61 - 80 of 112 Posts