Nissan Titan Forum banner

Ocotillo Wells Ocotober 5-6-7

8K views 111 replies 19 participants last post by  kronos2 
#1 ·
OK so I have been going back and forth Ocotillo or Glamis. I myself like Ocotillo there is something for 2 wheel and 4x's. I will be bringing my quad and my trailer. Being a weekend trip If you want to bring wives and kids great if you don't even better. I just brought it up to my wife and the first thing she said was "is it with all yor little titan talk friends" I said yes and she said have a good time with the boys. I think we should vote on where everyone wants to go. If more want to do Glamis I am down for that. All I know is there are a lot more places for 2 wheel drive to go in Ocotillo. suggestions?

#27 ·
sounds funif im not busy that weekend i think ill take this for fun

Attachments

#29 ·
djalex said:
I have a TRUETRAC but I still got stuck.
Yea True-Track is no 4wd but it should have helped quite a bit, how much PSI in your tires did you have? I had 19-20 all around and I did most of the trip in 2WD, except for the hill. You could always go down to 13-14 PSI but then you have tot ake it easier on the rocky stuff.

Only problem with the e-lock diff is that it is only made to work in 4wl. I moslty only use 4wl when I'm towing or if I'm stuck/getting stuck.

#30 ·
djalex said:
I have a TRUETRAC but I still got stuck.
but you were also spinning the hell out of your tires when they were trying to pull you out of the sand, before they even started pulling......everyone was trying to motion for you to stop hitting the gas but you seemed too concentrated on getting out, with your seat belt on 'n all...................:jester:

#32 ·
SDTitan1 said:
but you were also spinning the hell out of your tires when they were trying to pull you out of the sand, before they even started pulling......everyone was trying to motion for you to stop hitting the gas but you seemed too concentrated on getting out, with your seat belt on 'n all...................:jester:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooo who got the pic of that? his seat belt on.

#33 ·
haha i guess you have never driven a hummer offroad, but dont worry man i wont take your comment seriously because you will probally want me to use it to pull u out when you get stuck. O and im pretty sure that the hummer was originally made as a military offroad vehicle

Justintoxicated said:
I would leave the hummer in the garage and keep it for the road where it was made for. The titan will offroad WAY WAY better than a H2.

^^ Nice SidexSide

#34 · (Edited)
tutttitan said:
haha i guess you have never driven a hummer offroad, but dont worry man i wont take your comment seriously because you will probally want me to use it to pull u out when you get stuck. O and im pretty sure that the hummer was originally made as a military offroad vehicle

The real Hummer H1 will out do about all 4x4 items out there. It was made for the Military and they were Diesel. That is not a real Hummer, infact it was rated # 1 gay vechicle right in front of the PT cruiser. Sorry don't mean to beat up on it ,but In my area the H2 never sees offroad. Mostly Soccer Moms. Wait you are not that far from me you should know better. Just bring the Titan. HAAAAAA

#35 ·
if you are going to try to sound smart at least check your sh*t it was the humvee that was made for the military, all i was saying is the h2 was made after a vehicle made soley for off road, and its not only soccer moms its my moms hummer and she uses it for real estate and to piss off her old clients we lifted it so they cant climb in it
haha
hondarider227 said:
The real Hummer H1 will out do about all 4x4 items out there. It was made for the Military and they were Diesel. That is not a real Hummer, infact it was rated # 1 gay vechicle right in front of the PT cruiser. Sorry don't mean to beat up on it ,but In my area the H2 never sees offroad. Mostly Soccer Moms. Wait you are not that far from me you should know better. Just bring the Titan. HAAAAAA

Attachments

#36 ·
:explode: maybe i shouldnt be talkin we didnt have much luck with our last hummer

Attachments

#38 ·
man you seem like a very happy person, i have a titan i was just planning on going with the titan and hummer, i never intended on pissing any one off

#39 · (Edited)
I have sceen Plenty of H2's offroad, and belive me you won't be pulling my titan out if I get stuck. Last time an H2 tried to help out our dodge 3500 it dug itself right into the sand in about 2 seconds. Ended up just deflating the tires anways and pull ourselves out with toyhauler and all. H2's suck offroad, sorry man I hope you did not buy it for that purpose. I have sceen plenty attempt to run down the drags at glamis, most people with them wise up and go slow or just watch.

And the differnece between a Humvee and H2 is pretty damn significant.

The H2 is to Humvee as Saab it to jet Jet.

At least you will be able to pull out your H2 with your Titan :)

#40 ·
im on this site to talk about titans cuz i have one and love it. i beat the living shi* out of mine this past sunday and shes running fine. i blew out the struts but thats cuz there crapy aftermarket ranchos and i think my bed shifted a bit but with the speeds and punishment i put her threw. shes sill running. put a ford or chevy or dodge threw what we did with as little as some of us have on our trucks and they wont be coming home on there own. im very happy with my second titan. these meets are titan meets for a reason. so we of the same smart choice of buying an amazing truck can get together and have a good time.

#41 · (Edited)
tutttitan said:
man you seem like a very happy person, i have a titan i was just planning on going with the titan and hummer, i never intended on pissing any one off

I hope you know I am just kidding with you. I am not pissed at all, just giving you a hard time. My post was a total joke. You haven't pissed anyone off. I think I can say we are all just kidding, But you did say it is your moms. (soccer mom?):doublekis

Don't mind Kronos his 1/2 suntan legs are hurting right now!!!!! HAHAHAHA

#42 ·
hondarider227 said:
I hope you know I am just kidding with you. I am not pissed at all, just giving you a hard time. My post was a total joke. You haven't pissed anyone off. I think I can say we are all just kidding, But you did say it is your moms. (soccer mom?):doublekis

Don't mind Kronos his 1/2 suntan legs are hurting right now!!!!! HAHAHAHA
im not mad. well a lil. my legs didnt get any son.:crying:

#43 ·
kronos2 said:
must be yours then.
Yeah Honda that is your radio. I gave it to him when i broke and said to give it back to ya. Sorry about that bro.

#44 ·
DezertRunner said:
Yeah Honda that is your radio. I gave it to him when i broke and said to give it back to ya. Sorry about that bro.
No worries, I got it taken care of with Kronos, What happened to you?

#45 ·
tutttitan said:
sounds funif im not busy that weekend i think ill take this for fun
Kinda looks like a box on a 1/2 ton GMC platform ? That's it, its a chevy box.

#46 ·
Need some help Hummer?

Attachments

#49 ·
tutttitan said:
i have to post a retraction. i just saw the pics of your truck with the fenders on and you have a beautiful truck. im planing on puting the same fenders on my truck.

#50 ·
kronos2 said:
H2 are to damn heavy to go into sand
H2s are glorified suburbans... baysicklee a big hunk of sh!t on a suburban frame. don't get me wrong, pretty nice inside and it is beastly but its like the dudes from "queer eye for the straight guy" took a hummer H1 and said, let's perk it up a bit... so ya H-rider, you're right, although you say you're joking, the H2 along with the H3 are, or should be, on top of the #1 gay car list...:jester: :jester: :jester:

#51 ·
hooligan said:
H2s are glorified suburbans... baysicklee a big hunk of sh!t on a suburban frame. don't get me wrong, pretty nice inside and it is beastly but its like the dudes from "queer eye for the straight guy" took a hummer H1 and said, let's perk it up a bit... so ya H-rider, you're right, although you say you're joking, the H2 along with the H3 are, or should be, on top of the #1 gay car list...:jester: :jester: :jester:
I was not kidding about the gay thing per bloodydecks.com, this is a fishing site that put up a poll vote for the gayest vechicle and it won pt cruiser was second

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.