Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I'm throwing in the towel... I need some advice.

07 T.. 95K miles

i bought it about a year ago. Love the truck. However about 3 months ago it started acting up when attempting to start it. It will crank (the battery is only 11 months old and it cranks the engine over very fast), but not start. Doesn't seem to matter if it's hot or cold. To get it to start I cycle the key all the way off then to on-full (not cranking) about 3 times and then crank it .... and it will then fire right up. It runs perfectly once running. I searched threads on this forum and decided it was likely a bad fuel pump. Just didn't seem like it's getting enough fuel pressure to open up the injectors.

I replaced the fuel pump module (not a particularly fun job). I super cleaned the tank and made sure there was no junk to get in to the module strainer/filter.
I replaced the ECM relay with a new Nissan part

It still does the no-start trick. Not every time... just about 25% of the time. Oh, and the CEL has come on but goes back off on it's own. I had the code pulled and it was a "small evaporative leak" I concluded likely just the gas cap.

I hate chasing parts... but does the IDPM make sense at this point?

Help.

·
Super Moderator
93,641 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
-crankshaft positioning sensor
-ipdm
-bad key fob
-ecm relay (you mentioned you replaced this)

I would be suprised if it wasn't one of those.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts