Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen on alot of places the Factory Sirius upgrade to the OEM 6 disc system, how much of a hassle is it to install. My system now does not have a SAT button and don't really know how big a deal it is. Any install info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Basically, you just plug it in. The Titans with Rockford and 6CD midline radios are prewired for satellite radio (either Sirius or XM). The plug for the satellite box is dangling just above the brake pedal. Undo the plug from the restraint and attach to the box. There are 'official' mounting instructions that involve mounting the box to the firewall, but it is alot simpler to mount it behind the dash above the drivers kneewell - there is plenty of space there. The remaining element to mount is the antenna. The mounting procedure will depend on which antenna you get. Some attach to the glass either at the rear of the cabin or on the windshield, others are magnetic and can be attached to the roof outside the cabin. the favorite method with the small magnetic mount antennas is outside on the rear roof and run the lead-in through the cabin brake light.
I mounted the one for my XM radio on the rearview mirror using double sided tape and ran the lead under the headliner then down the column by the windshield and under the dash.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the factory Sirius setup come with the new faceplate with a sat button on it?

·
Registered
684 Posts
No, the factory satellite kits do not come with a new face plate. As soon as the satellite box is installed and is detected by the HU, there will be a new selection on the AM/FM choice button, ie SAT. There is no need for a new face plate.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
baseballfanz said:
All 6 disc head unit is Sat. ready. If you don't have the SAT button you will use the RADIO button to scroll through till you see SAT like eakes stated above. You will need a SAT tuner hook up or you will not see SAT when scrolling through.
This is a great thread.

Can we sticky it in the How to section?:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts