Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my system put in wednesday. Great system no complaints at all, just a question about my battery because it's looking like i'm going to have to get a jump again. I'm not sure, and i'm no expert on this, but is it possible my amp is pulling more then my battery can take? My amp is a zx750.1 Kicker. I'm still using the OEM battery, so i'm thinking this is the point of failure, the way i was able to get my truck started again yesterday was removing the amp, jumping it, running for a bit. And then hooking it up again.

At first i thought it was because i was in egnition for about 15mins yesterday, and that's why it wouldn't start back up, because my amp was turned on. But now my truck was off for maybe 5hrs? Tried to go to get some lunch and it's doing the click click click bs again. Any suggestions would be great, it's looking like i'll have to upgrade my battery. But is there anything else I can do?

Also does anyone know the specs of the OEM battery? Havn't been able to find them anywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Danthegreat1 said:
I just got my system put in wednesday. Great system no complaints at all, just a question about my battery because it's looking like i'm going to have to get a jump again. I'm not sure, and i'm no expert on this, but is it possible my amp is pulling more then my battery can take? My amp is a zx750.1 Kicker. I'm still using the OEM battery, so i'm thinking this is the point of failure, the way i was able to get my truck started again yesterday was removing the amp, jumping it, running for a bit. And then hooking it up again.

At first i thought it was because i was in egnition for about 15mins yesterday, and that's why it wouldn't start back up, because my amp was turned on. But now my truck was off for maybe 5hrs? Tried to go to get some lunch and it's doing the click click click bs again. Any suggestions would be great, it's looking like i'll have to upgrade my battery. But is there anything else I can do?

Also does anyone know the specs of the OEM battery? Havn't been able to find them anywhere.
How old's the battery?
I replaced mine with an Optima-no problems anymore.:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
160,991 Posts
And that's about the best you can hope for out of the OEM battery. They don't make it too terribly long. Optima time. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I have an '06 with the Tow package, 32000 miles, and my battery just kicked it. Wouldn't take more than 100amps charge. Other than an Autopage alarm, it's stock. I had a bit of a hard time finding a standard replecement, other than the dealer. It's a 27F series and I could only find one at Kragen auto. I know I can get a nice odessy or optima, but I just wanted drop it in and go. $80 is alot better than 200+ too and having to mod the cables to reach. Kinda unimpressed with the stock one, only 2 years old. I work with electronics for a living so I know things can just fail, but this seems to be trend for for this truck online. I've owned alot of vehicles, and I usually get 5-6 years out of a battery no problem, with a sound system and such. The dealer offered me $5 pro-rate for a new one... gee thanks... (local dealer in Monterey, CA leaves a little to be desired.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, the oem batterys are junk. Change it to an Optima or higher cold cranking amp battery. The oem batterys don't last long, I think its just a cheep battery that has nissan logos on it.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It probably is time for a new battery however it shouldnt die that quickly.

I'd make sure that your amp isnt staying on all the time drawing current. Where did you get the power turn on for the amp? Just make sure the amp turns off with the ignition.

P.S. The optimas are ok but they arent perfect in my opinion there are a lot of other options that are better.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I've had the same problem with a 250 watt JL, soI got a new battery and it works perfect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My oem battery kicked just now...I had to buy jumper cables...I have a 2004 Titan (32K)...very disappointed...and Nissan wants to kill the Titan!...go figure!...no wonder they are not selling many Titans!!!

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
mystican said:
My oem battery kicked just now...I had to buy jumper cables...I have a 2004 Titan (32K)...very disappointed...and Nissan wants to kill the Titan!...go figure!...no wonder they are not selling many Titans!!!
It's just a battery and it is old for an OEM battery....

HELLO !!!!!! Buy a battery and give her hell !!! :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts