Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I recently purchased a 2018 Titan SV 2wd. The truck is optioned almost perfect with the exception of a brake controller. I want to install one...from Nissan. The truck has the 7pin on the bumper and the harness under the dash to connect an aftermarket brake controller along with a generic harness to wire one in. My question is...has anyone put an OEM brake controller in a truck equipped like this? I know it’s a lot more expensive but seems ideal with the pocket in the dash and the wires already “in place”. It seems like the correct wiring harness would make it almost plug and play.

If anyone has had any success I’d definitely like to hear about it.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
So...I recently purchased a 2018 Titan SV 2wd. The truck is optioned almost perfect with the exception of a brake controller. I want to install one...from Nissan. The truck has the 7pin on the bumper and the harness under the dash to connect an aftermarket brake controller along with a generic harness to wire one in. My question is...has anyone put an OEM brake controller in a truck equipped like this? I know it’s a lot more expensive but seems ideal with the pocket in the dash and the wires already “in place”. It seems like the correct wiring harness would make it almost plug and play.

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/2016-titan-general-forum/411242-7-4-trailer-harness-question.html

Maybe he can shed some light?

I've been searching don't see anything yet about installing OEM brake controller?

Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think my approach is going to be finding a salvage truck to create a harness from. The plug into the oem controller and 5” the wires is all I should need. If anyone comes across one please let me know.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You might have more luck posting 2nd Gen Titan stuff in the 2nd Gen Titan forums.

I was wondering when did 1st Gen Titans get an OEM brake controller, I wish! Hate banging my knee on my Tekonsha

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked into this yesterday while looking at the accessory catalog. The accessory trailer brake controller comes with a harness now. Can’t rememeber the price or part number though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did anyone get anywhere with this? I would like to put the factory Trailer Brake controller in my truck too. My Truck appears to have all the needed relays under the hood.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I installed the factory brake controller in my 2018 titan-bought the controller from dealer and the only hard part was getting into dash. Once I figured that out the harness was there-plug and play, works great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the factory brake controller in my 2018 Nissan Titan, it is plug and play, harness is there ready to go!
The hardest part is getting to it-had to remove part of console and dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the factory brake controller in my 2018 titan-bought the controller from dealer and the only hard part was getting into dash. Once I figured that out the harness was there-plug and play, works great!
Great to hear it is very easy for you. We will be working on uncle's new 2018 Titan soon right after we finished installing the bumpers and replacement jeep tops on his current Wrangler project. He will getting a brake controller as well from the dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts