Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep next on my agenda is tow mirrors with the fancy turn signal lights and also a set of the midnight edition headlights. Since the only chrome on my truck is the headlights everything that was chrome is now black or been removed. The biggest problem I have with the 2nd gen titans is they have been out for 4 years and there is little to no aftermarket parts for them which is just ridiculous!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good thing here in Ms most people don’t know how to drive so the junk yards have quite a few that are wrecked. And since the titans are built here there are quite a few of them on the road?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the factory brake controller in my 2018 Nissan Titan, it is plug and play, harness is there ready to go!
The hardest part is getting to it-had to remove part of console and dash.
How did you remove the console? I've been trying to find a video or something.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How did you remove the console? I've been trying to find a video or something.
If you pop out the two side panels that are along the sides of the stereo and ac controls you can get to the 2 screws that hold it on. You may have to remove the stereo to get to the harness, it is tucked up to the right going toward the glove box

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2018 Pro4X has the controller "switch" in the dash from the factory to the right of the 4 WD selector. It looks like the picture posted above. What else will I need to do to hook into a travel trailer? New to me stuff.

·
Premium Member
72,537 Posts
If you have the factory controller and the 7 way plug by the hitch you should be good to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have two different plugs on the back. 7 way and 4 way. Any good videos anyone can recommend to using the controller?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So...I recently purchased a 2018 Titan SV 2wd. The truck is optioned almost perfect with the exception of a brake controller. I want to install one...from Nissan. The truck has the 7pin on the bumper and the harness under the dash to connect an aftermarket brake controller along with a generic harness to wire one in. My question is...has anyone put an OEM brake controller in a truck equipped like this? I know it’s a lot more expensive but seems ideal with the pocket in the dash and the wires already “in place”. It seems like the correct wiring harness would make it almost plug and play.

If anyone has had any success I’d definitely like to hear about it.
So...I recently purchased a 2018 Titan SV 2wd. The truck is optioned almost perfect with the exception of a brake controller. I want to install one...from Nissan. The truck has the 7pin on the bumper and the harness under the dash to connect an aftermarket brake controller along with a generic harness to wire one in. My question is...has anyone put an OEM brake controller in a truck equipped like this? I know it’s a lot more expensive but seems ideal with the pocket in the dash and the wires already “in place”. It seems like the correct wiring harness would make it almost plug and play.

If anyone has had any success I’d definitely like to hear about it.
Yes. You have to take the glove box out. On the left side of opening the plug is right there. But to put the factory controller in the spot its difficult to get things figured out. If you aren't afraid to pull you dash apart do it. It took me about 30 minutes to install mine. 3 dealers said I could not do it. Its a plug and play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might have more luck posting 2nd Gen Titan stuff in the 2nd Gen Titan forums.

I was wondering when did 1st Gen Titans get an OEM brake controller, I wish! Hate banging my knee on my Tekonsha
If you take glovebox out the oem plug is on the left side of glovebox opening

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s about time I found some people who actually know the right answers. We have people saying it can’t be installed. Others say you have to find the hook up below the steering wheel or attached to wall by parking brake. Maybe that’s for older models or installing aftermarket products. One guy said he works at the Canton plant and they are all wired with it as part of the harness. We jumped in at the dealership I work at and took the glove box off. We looked behind the console and can clearly see the plug just sitting there taped to the harness. We got a photo of the back of the controller and it matches perfectly. Ordered the part and install tomorrow. Wish us lock. I can post more after.
I found this link to buy the controller where they say others found the hook up the same way I did.

·
Registered
2021 SV, 2wd
10 Posts
So for those of you who don’t know this all Titans are wired with the same wiring harness. Wether it is an S model or the platinum editions the only difference is the options. I work at the Nissan plant in Canton Ms so I have done several changes to my based model Titan. This factory brake controller is my next project I will be hitting up the closest junkyard to see if I can acquire one. Good luck to all if I get a part number I will post it.
I realize this is an old thread but I have a problem, there is no OEM plug for the controller. You seem really confident that all titans have it. I have a new 2021 SV and I have taken the whole dash apart. I located the plug taped to the emergency brake area. Is this the plug you are referring to? I am looking for the OEM connection for the OEM controller that I believe should be behind the right side air vent. It is a bigger connection than the one near the eBrake.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I have a problem, there is no OEM plug for the controller. You seem really confident that all titans have it. I have a new 2021 SV and I have taken the whole dash apart. I located the plug taped to the emergency brake area. Is this the plug you are referring to? I am looking for the OEM connection for the OEM controller that I believe should be behind the right side air vent. It is a bigger connection than the one near the eBrake.
It is right behind the AC controls

·
Registered
2021 SV, 2wd
10 Posts
View attachment 547547 It’s about time I found some people who actually know the right answers. We have people saying it can’t be installed. Others say you have to find the hook up below the steering wheel or attached to wall by parking brake. Maybe that’s for older models or installing aftermarket products. One guy said he works at the Canton plant and they are all wired with it as part of the harness. We jumped in at the dealership I work at and took the glove box off. We looked behind the console and can clearly see the plug just sitting there taped to the harness. We got a photo of the back of the controller and it matches perfectly. Ordered the part and install tomorrow. Wish us lock. I can post more after.
I found this link to buy the controller where they say others found the hook up the same way I did.
I am trying to locate that very plug in your picture. My 2021 SV does not have it. I have removed the glove box, air vents and plate where OEM controller goes. I have traced all the wire looms and no luck. I did find the white tape that it may have been/should be located. No luck. My truck was purchased new. Is there a reason the dealer may have removed it or taken it out to use in another truck?

·
Registered
2021 SV, 2wd
10 Posts
It is right behind the AC controls
I found some white tape that I am assuming it was attached to. Can't find the connector. I am following all the wire looms, many of which were not secured with those plastic pins and one plastic tab was broken. It looks like someone was in here before. I bought this truck new...

·
Registered
2021 SV, 2wd
10 Posts
From the Glovebox, looking left toward stereo.

From just under the AC controls, looking slight right toward glovebox.

With passenger AC vent removed. Looking straight at the wire loom.

Zoom in of wire loom and white tape. Missing connector or no factory plug installed?

Called dealer and they said a tech needs to look at it to determine if there is a factory plug... ugh.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts