Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Titan has the OEM player and screen.

Recently the error message "disc format error" apprears anytime I insert a DVD.

I am hoping to find out who manufactured this device and maybe how to remove it myself for a possible upgrade.

If anyone has input on this I would appreciate it very much and thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Registered
387 Posts
Problem with upgarding is your OEM monitor will not work. OEM onitor only work with OE DVD player.
This is untrue. But, it requires some mods to get the OEM monitor to work with an aftermarket DVD player. I did a writeup/howto on it in the audio/visual forum but it apparently wasnt important enough to get Stickyed. You will have to add a RCA connector to the monitor wiring and to cut the +5v wire. i hear that the factory RF HU has a switched 5v out. if this is true you could connect the 5v to that output on the RF HU. really wouldnt be too hard.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/82820-oem-rear-monitor-non-oem-dvd-video-source-how.html

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
This is untrue. But, it requires some mods to get the OEM monitor to work with an aftermarket DVD player. I did a writeup/howto on it in the audio/visual forum but it apparently wasnt important enough to get Stickyed. You will have to add a RCA connector to the monitor wiring and to cut the +5v wire. i hear that the factory RF HU has a switched 5v out. if this is true you could connect the 5v to that output on the RF HU. really wouldnt be too hard.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/82820-oem-rear-monitor-non-oem-dvd-video-source-how.html
Yes I'm well aware of this.:D

Just wanted to answer in the simpliest term that just swapping out a DVD player will not work but yes modding it the way you described will.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Seth, your writeup will get used more and more as these OEM Players fail over time. The price of a replacement player from the dealer is $1300.00.

Jim, I think some can be found on eBay for quite a bit less for now but who knows how long those will be available. As for finding the Original Manufacturer, good luck and let us know if you do. You might find a part number on a circuit board to search on if you take it apart but I don't know that there's any manufacturer info stamped anywhere on or in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts