Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting some fogs and got them today. I paid $20 for them but this is all I got, a cut and go job. The plan is to order some HIDs from DDM to match my head lights.

What do I need and how do I do it. I have no idea what to do!!! :teethmast

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sell them to me for $40 ;)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one knows????? I guess it a + and a - with a fuse.

·
Super Moderator
161,691 Posts
You need a switch, some wire, some connectors, inline fuse holder and a relay. That's if you're just going to run them through a manual switch. If you're trying to wire those through the OEM stalk, beats me what you'd need.

Reactions: 07 TITAN

·
Registered
827 Posts
Seriously, i'd like to buy they from you for $40. :) I've been looking for a while for a set

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think im going to keep them call sorry I wanted some for so long.

·
Registered
701 Posts
XE CC prob has fog connectors behind the bumper. If so, install the fogs, clean the connectors and connect them to your fog lights. Then, you have 2 choices:

a) buy a OEM fog light stalk

b) use this Bussmann/ATM fuse tap converts one into two fusible circuits - 10 Amps maximum on added circuit (BP-HHH-RP) | Fuse and Accessories | AutoZone.com
Remove the fog light fuse in the IPDM box and install that fuse tap, use it to feed power into the OEM fog wiring. Apply power to the fuse tap using a relay that gets power from the battry thru a 10 amp fuse and control it from a switch in the interior.

I'm installing eBay fogs this way as the eBay fog harness is garbage, but I will be using the eBay fog light switch as it is nice and I'll be able to wire my fogs up so they can be turned on with the ign sw on.

Reactions: 07 TITAN

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought ebay fogs and plugged them into factory harness and bought a factory stalk w/foglight switch.Just did the jumper mod and works great.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No OEM wirein here trust me I looked for about 45mins all over.

·
Super Moderator
161,691 Posts
Just run them to a manual switch through a relay. You have a few choices for the trigger for the relay, depending on how you want them to come on.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just run them to a manual switch through a relay. You have a few choices for the trigger for the relay, depending on how you want them to come on.
I want them to come on alone with out the headlights. if you could point me where i need to go i would like that.

·
Super Moderator
161,691 Posts
That's the easy one. From the fuse box inside on the passenger side, use one of these to bring a wire over to a switch on your side where you want it.

Go through your switch and out the firewall where the parking brake cable exits. Take that to your relay for the trigger. Your relay will also have a ground. You'll have a hardwire from your battery to the relay. That's the one that needs an inline fuse. The fourth point from your relay goes to the fogs, and each of the fogs to ground. The whole circuit basically looks like this:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats the answer I was looking for. Now where can I get that ^^^^ from and what the heck relay do I need. I know im like a baby and need everything handed to me, but thanks man you saved me.

·
Super Moderator
161,691 Posts
Any standard automotive relay. Most of the car parts stores will have them. I think Autozone will have the relay, and the add a circuit gizmo.

Edit to add: On the fuse box inside, you'll want to use the circuit that powers the right hand power point on your dash's center console. It's the one that's only hot when the truck is on. That way if you forget to turn off the lights, they'll go off with the truck.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And this will work with HIDs in the mix?

·
Super Moderator
161,691 Posts
It should. Your ballasts on your hids have four wires into/out of them. Two are to the HID bulbs. The other two are your positive and ground, same as conventional bulbs.

Reactions: Haze and 07 TITAN

·
Super Moderator
161,691 Posts
That kind of wiring is easy, and fun. I love doing that kind of stuff. Just wish I could improve my soldering skills. I've got a couple of pending projects that will require me to get my soldering up to snuff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts