Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a OEM Ipod interface off the web and the instructions say I need to remove the LH and RH lower instrument cover and remove the glove box.

How hard is it to remove the LH and RH lower instrument cover and the glove box, do I just use a pry bar to bull at/ near the clip points, are there any hidden screws I need to look for?

The instructions also say I need to place the Ipod interface in the glove box but I would rather place it in the center consul can this be done?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Titan Izzey said:
I got a OEM Ipod interface off the web and the instructions say I need to remove the LH and RH lower instrument cover and remove the glove box.

How hard is it to remove the LH and RH lower instrument cover and the glove box, do I just use a pry bar to bull at/ near the clip points, are there any hidden screws I need to look for?

The instructions also say I need to place the Ipod interface in the glove box but I would rather place it in the center consul can this be done?
You can put it anywhere you want, if the cord is long enough for the center console there's no problem putting it there.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
will this ipod interface work on my titan? (SE, 6-disc/MP3/WMA changer, nothing fancy)

where's it plug into? the 1/8" jack?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Energizer said:
will this ipod interface work on my titan? (SE, 6-disc/MP3/WMA changer, nothing fancy)

where's it plug into? the 1/8" jack?
Yes it will work.
Make sure you tell them if you have SAT. radio or not. It's hook up to the SAT radio input. When the iPod is one it cut off the Sat. radio.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks baseballfanz
I'm planning to install it next weekend so maybe I can post some photos so everyone can see what is invalved.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My 04 LE CC came w/ an Aux input. I just hook my Ipod there. What does this interface do different? Is this interface what is in my Titan to run the Aux input?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was ripped off by a dealer who sells ipod adapters. His name is Brian Cadigan aka jerseyparts aka nissanipod.com aka YourNissanParts.com aka [email protected] aka Nissan of Turnerville aka [email protected], etc, etc. I purchased a Nissan iPod Adapter from him and after two weeks, it failed. He refuses to replace this item even though it has a 12 month Nissan warranty. Does anyone know who I complain to at Nissan for this outrageous behavior? After paying him over 230 dollars, the guy is a real jerk.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Machado7 said:
My 04 LE CC came w/ an Aux input. I just hook my Ipod there. What does this interface do different? Is this interface what is in my Titan to run the Aux input?
The iPod interface is hook up to your head unit using the SAT radio harness. It's supposed to let you control the iPod from the HU or steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
nissan4ever said:
I was ripped off by a dealer who sells ipod adapters. His name is Brian Cadigan aka jerseyparts aka nissanipod.com aka YourNissanParts.com aka [email protected] aka Nissan of Turnerville aka [email protected], etc, etc. I purchased a Nissan iPod Adapter from him and after two weeks, it failed. He refuses to replace this item even though it has a 12 month Nissan warranty. Does anyone know who I complain to at Nissan for this outrageous behavior? After paying him over 230 dollars, the guy is a real jerk.
If your receipt is from a Nissan dealer,any other dealer can do a parts warranty claim on this for you.If you handled this correctly,maybe one of our supporting dealers would handle this if you shipped yours back to them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The other side of the story.....

This guy ordered an Ipod Adapter for his Vehicle, and he contacted me and told me it stopped working, I asked him to send it to me, and apparently he is in China, so I got the adapter just the other day, and he called me yesterday and asked me what was up with it, I told him it needs to be tested, and sent to Clarion to ensure that the Ipod was not shorted out, well he demanded I send him a new One Immediately, and that if I did not he was going to go on the forums and tell people I ripped him off, I told him if he was not happy with our policy, he could return the harnesses and we would gladly refund him his full amount.

Well you see which way he chose, but that's ok, I will still honor our commitment, and when I get an answer from Clarion, i will gladly work with him for a resolution, but I will only ask that you forum members be your own judge.

Brian

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Jerseyparts said:

This guy ordered an Ipod Adapter for his Vehicle, and he contacted me and told me it stopped working, I asked him to send it to me, and apparently he is in China, so I got the adapter just the other day, and he called me yesterday and asked me what was up with it, I told him it needs to be tested, and sent to Clarion to ensure that the Ipod was not shorted out, well he demanded I send him a new One Immediately, and that if I did not he was going to go on the forums and tell people I ripped him off, I told him if he was not happy with our policy, he could return the harnesses and we would gladly refund him his full amount.

Well you see which way he chose, but that's ok, I will still honor our commitment, and when I get an answer from Clarion, i will gladly work with him for a resolution, but I will only ask that you forum members be your own judge.

Brian
hey-- I trust ya... I placed two orders one day, DHL screwed up hard, and refunded my shipping to the shipper, and yournissanparts.com passed the refund onto me...

by the way, I have a list of stuff to order... was meaning to place an order last week...

I noticed some items on your web site don't have pictures... is it possible you can add them sometime soon (Titan parts)? (I can find which items I was interested in seeing, if that helps.)

thanks...

PS: can you ship via US Postal Service-- DHL, UPS, FED-EX, and FED-EX Ground all seem to screw up pretty bad around here... or along the way... never had an issue with USPS.

·
Registered
396 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Yes it will work.
Make sure you tell them if you have SAT. radio or not. It's hook up to the SAT radio input. When the iPod is one it cut off the Sat. radio.
You were helping me over at CT on this stuff. Glad I read this before I ordered as I have SAT. radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jerseyparts said:
so I got the adapter just the other day, and he called me yesterday and asked me what was up with it, I told him it needs to be tested, and sent to Clarion to ensure that the Ipod was not shorted out, well he demanded I send him a new One Immediately, and that if I did not he was going to go on the forums and tell people I ripped him off, I told him if he was not happy with our policy, he could return the harnesses and we would gladly refund him his full amount.

Brian
This unit only worked for two weeks. After I sent it back and got confirmation that he recieved it, I sent him emails. For five days, Brian ignored 4 emails. No reply whatsoever. I even sent him photos of the error messages from the unit. I also sent him a photo of the ground wire bolted to the chasis. No reply. When I called and asked why he ignored my email, he said he was "busy". He did not offer to replace the unit. He said he would send it to Clarion. When I asked him how long it would take, he said he didn't know. He told me to send the harnesses back for a refund. I have already spent over $80 on shipping for this device and now he wants me to spend another $30 so I can get my money back? Plus I have to rip up the dash again. I do not want a refund, I want a new unit and I want it now. This guy is a total jerk!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
nissan4ever said:
This unit only worked for two weeks. After I sent it back and got confirmation that he recieved it, I sent him emails. For five days, Brian ignored 4 emails. No reply whatsoever. I even sent him photos of the error messages from the unit. I also sent him a photo of the ground wire bolted to the chasis. No reply. When I called and asked why he ignored my email, he said he was "busy". He did not offer to replace the unit. He said he would send it to Clarion. When I asked him how long it would take, he said he didn't know. He told me to send the harnesses back for a refund. I have already spent over $80 on shipping for this device and now he wants me to spend another $30 so I can get my money back? Plus I have to rip up the dash again. I do not want a refund, I want a new unit and I want it now. This guy is a total jerk!
:crybaby: maybe if you were a little more understanding, i don't think this guy would be such a "jerk."

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got my I pod unit from NissanParts.com paid +/- $230 was planning to install it this past week but got tied up with the boys.

I have a good friend that ordered many parts from NissanParts.com with no problem.

I went with the Nissan I pod interface because I like the way it is hidden and I can control it through the HU. Plus I have a interface that plugs into the lighter (bought it for my Jeep) the I pod runs through the radio, it’s a pain when traveling you always need to find a free radio station, you have areas where you have a good single and you have areas where the stations are overlapping. NOT worth the +/- $100 I paid for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes it will work.
i have a 2010 Pro-4x with SAT and ipod interface. it's a pain to switch between the two while driving. is it possible to avoid cutting off the SAT with the ipod plugged in? i asked the dealer if he could hook it through the AUX port and he told me that if i had SAT it had to be done through it, but i think he was just trying to shut me up.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
i have a 2010 Pro-4x with SAT and ipod interface. it's a pain to switch between the two while driving. is it possible to avoid cutting off the SAT with the ipod plugged in? i asked the dealer if he could hook it through the AUX port and he told me that if i had SAT it had to be done through it, but i think he was just trying to shut me up.
You can just go to radio shack and buy a $5 cord to plug it to your AUX input.
Off course you will loose some of the function that the interface give you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts