Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I purchase a OEM K&N filter will it add any HP or do I have to get a CAI. I figured I might get a little performance out of a OEM K&N due to better air flow?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes, it will give you a little bump in HP, but I don't think you will be able to tell. The CAI will give you better results, especially if paired with an exhaust system and engine tune. That however gets pricey, and is exactly why I bought a K&N OEM replacement. I don't know if it gave me better HP or fuel economy ( my Fuelly.com tracking sees no difference), but at least I only have to clean it once a year, instead of getting a new filter every couple of months. Saves money in the long run...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Maybe a little bit, but nothing even close to noticeable. I use to use a drop in K&N, but I didn't like the lack of filtration. I went back to the paper filters, which filter much much better.

·
Super Moderator
160,774 Posts
If your butt dyno is so fine tuned that you can sense something like a 1/2 hp improvement, and your driving habits are so solidly consistent that you could notice 1/10th of a mile per gallon increase, you're going to love it. :lol: Might sound a little different, which ain't all a bad thing, but don't expect much more.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just buy my used K&N CAI!! Used it less than 6000 miles

·
Registered
869 Posts
I talked to the K&N guys about this myself and went with a drop-in filter and the air box mod. The bottom line is the CAI and the factory air box both use the same hole in the fender for the air supply. Although the CAI can flow more the engine won't max out the drop-in flow rate. If you do headers and a tune it still won't max it out and the IAT won't be any different either. Save your cash and do air box mod and the drop-in filter.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Drop in filter. Probably very small hp increase as mentioned above. Just nice that you can reuse it instead of having to buy new filters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts