Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out.. I have a 2009 Titan and a buddy is gonna hook me up with his OEM head unit w/nav from a 2017 Titan. Does anyone know if wire harness is the same and if it would fit in the dash?

·
Registered
2019 TITAN XD PRO-4X
2 Posts
2017 to 2009... They are not remotely close to being swap able. You are better off to get a 7 inch 2 din pioneer or similar head unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with SDF1 would not work nor be worth the hassle of trying. A low cost double din radio from a reputable manufacture that has Apple car play and android auto would be a good choice. That would give you NAV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Pro-4x and have access to a 2014 SL head unit. Mine doesn't have Nav but the SL one does. Would that be a direct swap or easier to go Double DIN aftermarket?

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
316 Posts
You'd need to install a GPS antenna for the nav to work. Also (not sure about that year) some of the nav head units house the actual GPS/Nav computer in a remote location and not built into the display itself. On my 2012, it's actually a DVD player mounted under the passenger seat!.

It really doesn't make much sense upgrading your outdated Nissan tech to slightly-less-outdated Nissan tech. You'd be much better off going with an aftermarket head unit. Easier, cheaper, better... I'm currently in the act of scrapping my top-of-the-line (for 2012) Rockford Fosgate Nav system to install a modern Android touchscreen head unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You'd need to install a GPS antenna for the nav to work. Also (not sure about that year) some of the nav head units house the actual GPS/Nav computer in a remote location and not built into the display itself. On my 2012, it's actually a DVD player mounted under the passenger seat!.

It really doesn't make much sense upgrading your outdated Nissan tech to slightly-less-outdated Nissan tech. You'd be much better off going with an aftermarket head unit. Easier, cheaper, better... I'm currently in the act of scrapping my top-of-the-line (for 2012) Rockford Fosgate Nav system to install a modern Android touchscreen head unit.
I see what you’re saying and I was leaning that way as well. The SL head unit was free out of a parts truck so the swap was gonna be free... looks like I’ll have to break out the dollar bills. Preciate it!

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
316 Posts
I see what you’re saying and I was leaning that way as well. The SL head unit was free out of a parts truck so the swap was gonna be free... looks like I’ll have to break out the dollar bills. Preciate it!
I understand the attraction of a free upgrade. I'm a card-carrying Cheap Bastard myself. But sometimes it's worth the money to just get better equipment. I've been chronicling my head unit upgrade in this thread: Android Head Units
I finally have all the parts and I plan on doing the installation this weekend. I'm really looking forward to having current technology in my Titan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts