Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 07 LE has the factory monitor with the rockford setup.. i was wondering if any of you guys have removed the monitor, because i wanted to know if there was any ports on the back of it, like for component cables to hook up accessories to. ive been doing some research online and i wanted to hook up a Raspberry PI (single board computer) to the OEM monitor so i can run XBMC (xbox media center) so i can basically use it as a computer to run different apps such as pandora and netflix which is awesome to do while your driving and totally unsafe lol
so yea.. can anyone fill me in on this? is there somewhere to hook something up to the monitor? does anyone have pics of one uninstalled?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have never taken one out. But OEM doesn't put ports on their stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was thinking of something like this only I was looking toward an entirely aftermarket solution. My truck currently has aftermarket headrest monitors installed, and I was thinking of a raspberry pi or even a cheap Zotac running windows.

Let me know if you come up with anything. I have not decided one way or the other. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts