Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
177 Posts
Unfortunately you've got the year that used the specialty plugs. NGK DILFR5C11D are $21.29 on our site. But if you use coupon code IRI10TITAN at checkout this month it will give you 10% off.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Specialty plugs? Well, I know my motor is the same as any 04 or 06 FFV Titan, so can I just get a price for the OEM FFV plugs that are listed for an 06 Titan then? I think the FFV's are iridium

I know when I bought 1-step colder NGK Iridiums for my truck, they were only $43 for all 8. Just figured our OEM heat range Iridiums wouldn't be much more expensive

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
177 Posts
Yeah, the 2004-2007 Titans had the DILFR series plugs OEM. There's nothing stopping you from installing the standard iridium plugs, but they are a downgrade from the OEM plugs. Nissan commissioned NGK to make this plug specifically for the Titan, so it has some features that were specially made just for that engine. Using a lower grade plug won't cause engine damage, but it does have the likely potential of decreasing performance.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, the 2004-2007 Titans had the DILFR series plugs OEM. There's nothing stopping you from installing the standard iridium plugs, but they are a downgrade from the OEM plugs. Nissan commissioned NGK to make this plug specifically for the Titan, so it has some features that were specially made just for that engine. Using a lower grade plug won't cause engine damage, but it does have the likely potential of decreasing performance.
Learned something new. Very interesting. NGK site does show the 04-07 FFV using DILFR5C11D. 08-10 FFV shows as LFR5AIX-11

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I know that on every other auto parts site (as well as other Titan sites) the plugs listed for my truck are the PLFR5A-11. I ordered a set for about $100.00. DILFR5C11D never came up on any of my searches. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would say no. The only way that I know for sure is if there is a sticker on the inside of the fuel door. Mine doesn't have one.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I got my Iridiums for $8 a piece at NAPA.

·
Registered
763 Posts
forgot the number I can check when I get home tonight. No not FFV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts