Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

I want to replace all the speakers in my truck without having to add amps, subs and the head unit. I just want to take the door panels off, take the old speakers out, hook up new ones and be done with it.

Has anyone done this? Which speakers did you buy for the dash, front doors and rear doors?

Any guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks!
V

·
Registered
372 Posts
James (tech12volt) sells a nice set to replace the stock speakers.
Send him a PM he will take care of you.
He sells a good set of CDT's for $250(2 fronts with tweeters and 2 rears)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just a heads up...at least the base model stereo, not sure if this is what you have, is a 2 ohm set up. This makes it harder to find appropriate replacements.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
back from the dead

so rockford fosgate = 2 ohm

and standard stereo = 4 ohm?

i would like to do the same as the OP and just replace the fronts/rears/and dash mounted tweeters, i have the RF system

EDIT:
6X9 FRONT
6.5 REAR
what size are the dash and rear door panel tweeters?

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I don't know the actual size of them but a nice set of components in all the factory locations makes a world of difference and is relatively simple install.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I don't know the actual size of them but a nice set of components in all the factory locations makes a world of difference and is relatively simple install.
i was waiting to hear from tech12volt but he never responded to my post request:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/144752-why-buy-tech12volt-enclosure-4.html#post2772915

so i ordered up a pair of INFINITY KAPPA 10.9T as well as a pair each of INFINITY KAPPA 693.9i 6x9" & 63.9i 6.5!

281 bucks shipped for all 3 pair :redblob"

has anyone tried upgrading the sub-woofer under the driver seat?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
that 2 ohm thing is going to prove tricky as some manufacturers are down to 3ohm because of the OEM junk voltages trying to make factory stuff sound like aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Tweeters are 1". You will need to fab up a mount though. I just got through replacing all mine with Kicker 6.5" components. I had to fab up brackets for all, but I think they sell them as well. Much thanks goes out to slwilson and his assistance :kiss:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
@ goree; what material are your tweeter adapters?

crutchfield showed the 6x9s and 6.5s that i ordered as direct replacements so no adapters needed...

though the tweeters may be a different story, I'll have to play with the adapters that the tweeter set comes with and hope one of them works or maybe they will just go in the oem slot with some 2 sided 3m automotive tape.

When I get everything in, I'll install them next weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,200 Posts

crutchfield showed the 6x9s and 6.5s that i ordered as direct replacements so no adapters needed...

though the tweeters may be a different story, I'll have to play with the adapters that the tweeter set comes with and hope one of them works or maybe they will just go in the oem slot with some 2 sided 3m automotive tape.

My Kenwood tweet mounts (2 different ones) didn't work. You are more than likely gonna have to fab a couple plates like Goree did. You'll see when you take out the existing speakers.... Good luck bro!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

It's 22 gauge weldable steel. I found it at home depot in a 12"x12" piece. I actually have it left over from when I had to make a bracket for my backup cam. Made them with a dremel and drill. The rear tweeters, have a bracket, but you can pop them off. They have a screw in the bottom and some tweets will line up, some you have to drill out. I ended up just cutting a circle in it and then using the brackets that came with the tweeter to mount it flush on bracket. (Sorry, forgot to grab pic's)

Side Note:
The front 6x9's you should be able to get away with removing just the speakers and still use the bracket, however the back's going to be debatable. My rear speakers were actually a bracket/speaker made together and no way to seperate, atleast I couldn't see how too. If you try to just mount them in the door flush, you will need to roll the window down to make sure the magnet doesn't interfere with the track. If it does, you will need to pop them out 3/4" or up to 1-1/2", depending on speaker. GLWI!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
thanks for the info jbowles and goree, especially the rear window clearance! i will take some pics of the removal/installation and make a new thread next weekend. tweeters are getting delivered tomorrow, but the other two pair won't be here till Monday (bummer, i wanted to tackle it this weekend)...
i was thinking of just leaving the OEM tweeters in the rear doors. both the 6.5s and 6x9s are three ways so i believe ill have enough treble between those two pair and the dash mounted infinity tweeters to suffice. infinity kappas are known for their super crisp highs.

EDIT: looks like the 6.5s come with a few brackets so hopefully that will get me what i need without fabbing or buying additional mounting brackets

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92,355 Posts
Again... Tech12volt already has the adapter thing figured out for you as well...

Front Doors

Rear Doors

And they fit perfectly... ask me how I know... :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
thanks for the info jbowles and goree, especially the rear window clearance! i will take some pics of the removal/installation and make a new thread next weekend. tweeters are getting delivered tomorrow, but the other two pair won't be here till Monday (bummer, i wanted to tackle it this weekend)...
i was thinking of just leaving the OEM tweeters in the rear doors. both the 6.5s and 6x9s are three ways so i believe ill have enough treble between those two pair and the dash mounted infinity tweeters to suffice. infinity kappas are known for their super crisp highs.

EDIT: looks like the 6.5s come with a few brackets so hopefully that will get me what i need without fabbing or buying additional mounting brackets
Sorry buddy, don't think those brackets are going to help. You will need something that pops the speaker out and allows for more depth. Although, looking at those speakers, you might be able to get by, as they don't look that deep. I hope it works out for ya.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,355 Posts
LOL! Well, if $30 breaks the bank... why the hell would anyone be looking to spend money to upgrade speakers? :huh:

It's also a time-saver... but then, the hours we spend buying the materials, making the pattern, cutting it out, test fitting it, trimming it when it doesn't fit, shaving it thinner cuz it's too thick, trimming the tabs for the holes, making sure it all fits, and covering it in bedliner... well, our time is worth nothing...

There are advantages to paying a small amount for something if it could save you $$ and time trying to figure out what has already been figured out.

Not to mention, not everyone has the tools or ability to do things themselves.

It's just another service to the Titan community... Take advantage of it, or not. It's always a choice. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts