Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I just registered today but have been checking out this site daily for a couple month now. This is the first question about my truck that I really couldn't find an answer to so I thought its finally time to register.

Anyways, I have an 06 Crew Cab LE with the stock 18s. Yesterday I went out and bought some used 17 inch wheels off the off road version of the titan, I believe they are 7 spoke. Anyways, I am wondering what is the biggest size tire I can fit (I'm thinking 285/75/17?), I think stock size is 285/70/17. I had 275/75/18 Mudders on my titan and they did not rub (had to cut the plastic a bit), however I am having trouble knowing the difference between the 2 rim sizes and whether the 17s will rub or not. I have stock suspension, no mini lift or leveling kit or anything.

I really want to get some BFG All Terrains, so if anyone has these rims I'd appreciate any information. Oh yeah, I also bought these wheels to paint them black!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you checked that they fit yet? I just recently tried to sell some American Racing 18's off my 06 CC SE to a guy who had a 10 CC SE with stock 18's and they didn't fit over his calipers... :( I would have thought 18's were 18's but they didn't fit. Only reason they fit on mine we because mine originally had the off road 17's. Might make sure they fit your truck before investing in some rubber.

As for your question, I just went back to 17's and put Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70/17's on.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I have 33x12.50r17 Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZs on stock offroad 17" rims on my '05 LE and they fit like they were made for the truck. I have stock suspension and I don't get any rubbing at all. One thing to note is that the manufacturer recommends an 8" wide rim minimum whereas the stock OR 17"s are only 7.5" wide, but that didn't seem to make a difference. I have had the tires for 25k miles already and they are doing fine. I just have to rotate more often to avoid uneven tire wear. Anyway, you will have no problem fitting 33" x 12.50" tires on your offroad rims. My next set of tires will be BFG ATs (had them before and loved them), in 305/65r17. I don't see how there will be any problem fitting that size considering the 33x12.50's are wider and have huge side-biters but there is no rubbing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked that they fit yet? I just recently tried to sell some American Racing 18's off my 06 CC SE to a guy who had a 10 CC SE with stock 18's and they didn't fit over his calipers... :( I would have thought 18's were 18's but they didn't fit. Only reason they fit on mine we because mine originally had the off road 17's. Might make sure they fit your truck before investing in some rubber.

As for your question, I just went back to 17's and put Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70/17's on.
I just assumed they fit since they were off a Nissan Titan, I really should go get them put on to make sure, they came with tiny 265/65/17 tires for some reason, they look like car tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
They will fit. I recommend buying a leveling kit and running 315/70/17 BFGs. Where do you live?
315's would be awesome, but I'm worried that leveling will ruin my ride, I leveled my old truck an 04 dodge ram and the ride sucked, maybe it was the truck and not the leveling kit haha. Do you have a picture on those tires on your truck?

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have 33x12.50r17 Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZs on stock offroad 17" rims on my '05 LE and they fit like they were made for the truck. I have stock suspension and I don't get any rubbing at all. One thing to note is that the manufacturer recommends an 8" wide rim minimum whereas the stock OR 17"s are only 7.5" wide, but that didn't seem to make a difference. I have had the tires for 25k miles already and they are doing fine. I just have to rotate more often to avoid uneven tire wear. Anyway, you will have no problem fitting 33" x 12.50" tires on your offroad rims. My next set of tires will be BFG ATs (had them before and loved them), in 305/65r17. I don't see how there will be any problem fitting that size considering the 33x12.50's are wider and have huge side-biters but there is no rubbing.
I hadn't even thought about those sizes, 33x12.5r17 would probably look great, do you have any pics? I had BFG ATs on my old truck and just loved them, had them for 2 years without a single problem. I currently have almost new Toyo Open Country HT (5000km on them) and 2 already have needed repairs/patches.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Here you go:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yes, the combo you are wanting to go with will work just fine. I have a 2006 SE that originally came with the 18" wheels. When I bought the truck, it had the 17" Off Road wheels and 285/75/17 BFG A/T KOs on there. The truck was completely stock as far as suspension goes. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
315's would be awesome, but I'm worried that leveling will ruin my ride, I leveled my old truck an 04 dodge ram and the ride sucked, maybe it was the truck and not the leveling kit haha. Do you have a picture on those tires on your truck?

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Leveling kit will not affect the ride what so ever. For some reason I dont have pics of this set up when I had just the leveling kit. It looked mean as heck and I had absolutely no rubbing at any time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, thanks for all the replies and pictures guys! I'm gonna get some quotes for 285/75/17 and 33x12.5r17. Hopefully the make the BFG AT in those sizes.

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
For what it's worth, 285/70-17 is the OEM tire size for the off-road wheels. I have three sets of those wheels and they are all running the same size tire.

Reactions: thebassn8tr

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Nitto Terra Grapplers were 295/70R17 on my 17x7.5. Those tires were rated for 8 inch wheel width, but had 7.5 cautionary. I just recently got the Hankook MT 285/70R17, more aggressive tread, they actually have a caution emobossed not to mount on a 7.5 width wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts