Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we're very pleased with the Titan's off road performance, with the stock 285/70/17 tires. i drive around dirt trails in Fort Hunter Liggett, around Monterey in CA, scouting for good places to hunt wild pigs in. we drove over sand bars, a big creek/small river washing over a trail, clilmbed up a grade so steep all we could see were clouds (scaring the wife silly :upsidedow ), made a tight five-point u-turn in deep soft mud, and all this in great comfort and roomyness. we did get a foot long paint scratch from the tight trails (we already got touch up paint to fix it).

titan :cheers:

p.s. can not wait to see what more the 4x4 titan will do with installations of traction aids: ARB, Detroit Lockers, or e-locking differentials on both front and rear axles.
see http://www.trailquest.com/lockers.shtml

re: question: "...washboard roads? If so, how is the ride?..." answer: yes, there's some harmonic bouncing that goes on sometimes (if i understood all of the question) but no complaints, so far.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
an electronic locker in the rear

bestatchess said:
Austin said:
I can't imagine it gets much better than the brake limited slip in the front with an electronic locker in the rear.[/QUOTE

no current titan owner has an electronic locker in the rear...not yet available untill May...

if you heard of any 3rd party installing 'em on Titans, please let me know..

·
Registered
250 Posts
pluckyew said:
we're very pleased with the Titan's off road performance. i drive around dirt trails in Fort Hunter Liggett, around Monterey in CA, scouting for good places to hunt wild pigs in. we drove over sand bars, a big creek/small river washing over a trail, clilmbed up a grade so steep all we could see were clouds (scaring the wife silly :upsidedow ), made a tight five-point u-turn in soft mud, and all this in great comfort and room. we did get a foot long paint scratch from the tight trails (we already got touch up paint to fix it).

titan :cheers:

p.s. can not wait to see what more the titan will do with installation of traction aids: ARB or e-locking differentials on both front and rear axles.
What tires are on your truck?

Have you driven the Titan on washboard roads? If so, how is the ride?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Austin said:
I can't imagine it gets much better than the brake limited slip in the front with an electronic locker in the rear.
ideally one would have Lockers front & rear like
a '95-'97 Landcruiser or a '03+ Jeep Rubicon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts