Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know which parts I'll need to mount it. I do not have the off road package. '06 CC. The parts diagram is below, (scroll down to 2004-2007 Crew Cab). I see you can buy the skid plate as a 'package', but I don't know if it contains all the necessary parts needed to mount it. I read you need the brackets, but it's not included with the package, which leads me to believe they aren't necessary, I'm not sure...

Any help?

500 Frame :: Body Front, Roof & Floor :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Titan Parts (A60) 2004-2011 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
you could always call a dealership, give them the part number and find out what comes with it.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
You will definitely need the brackets. Do you have tow hooks by any chance? My tow hooks and skid plate are both attached with the same brackets. If you have tow hooks, you might already have the brackets

Reactions: TiTAN-

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Tow hooks and brackets are separate... Need tow hooks or stacked washers to install OEM brackets... However, you can just fab up a custom bracket as well... The only thing you need to do is make sure the front of the skid plate clears the bottom of the bumper...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you could always call a dealership, give them the part number and find out what comes with it.
I already know what comes with it, it's listed in the link. I just need to know if the brackets are necessary.

You will definitely need the brackets. Do you have tow hooks by any chance? My tow hooks and skid plate are both attached with the same brackets. If you have tow hooks, you might already have the brackets
Yep I have tow hooks. I thought it mounts with the tow hook bolts to secure the front of the plate, and the brackets secure the rear of the plate?

Anyone have a pic how it mounts?

Tow hooks and brackets are separate... Need tow hooks or stacked washers to install OEM brackets... However, you can just fab up a custom bracket as well... The only thing you need to do is make sure the front of the skid plate clears the bottom of the bumper...
Maybe I should just buy the plate, fit it and see what other pieces I need.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'd pull off my plate and take one, but I won't be around my tools for a couple days. All I know is that my brackets are shaped like a "C" and the tow hook slides into the open section of the "C" and bolts up on the top part. Then the 4 holes for the plate are on the bottom of the C. Sounds like non-offroad tow hooks are mounted different

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
the front is like underaged was sayin...the two hooks act as spacers which the skid plate bolts to. the back is just two small (10mm?) bolts that bolt to the cross member, so no bracket there. i can take mine off now and take pics if underagedtitan cant.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yeah the back bolts are 10mm and you should already have the holes for those. Honda if you want to take pics, go ahead. The earliest ill be able to pull it off will be monday. I'm about 400 miles from home and on my blackberry :D

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Yeah the back bolts are 10mm and you should already have the holes for those. Honda if you want to take pics, go ahead. The earliest ill be able to pull it off will be monday. I'm about 400 miles from home and on my blackberry :D
lol.

ok here's the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
one more............................

Attachments

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I am way jealous of how clean your truck looks underneath. Thanks for takin' pics honda

1 - 11 of 11 Posts