Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some aggressive looking tires to either put rims with or add them to my factory wheels. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want some tires that can handle off road wear and tear. I do alot of fishing and boat hauling.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have done a lot of research in the past few weeks and the main tires I've come down to in my selection are the following:

Goodyear Duratrac
Cooper ST Maxx
BFG All-Terrain KO
Hankook Dynapro

I've run the Hankooks and the BFG in the past and both performed great. I prefered the Hankooks I think for ice and for mud clearing out of the lugs a bit easier.

I'm leaning REALLY hard on trying the Duratrac on my Titan this year. I havent fully decided but I think it give strong aggressive looks, great off-road performance, and should be a very good ice/snow tire around town and a very decent on-road tire that makes minimal noise for the aggressiveness of the tire. Tread life and possibly the MPG drop are about my two main concerns with it but man they are a cool lookin tire....

I'm interested to see what other opinons or suggestions you get on choices...

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know the Nitto Terra Grappler and Trail Grappler are each very popular on here also. Terra is an a/t and the trail is a very aggressive a/t more like a mud terrain. They have a separate mud tire though so its between a true a/t and a true mud tire. My truck is actually at the shop right now getting the terras mounted so I cant give you any feedback quite yet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Offroad? To many people that means different things.
just gravel roads with a few ruts here and there or do you go mudding, or are you wanting to go rock climbing on 40s while towing your boat?? JK but really to get the best advise we really need more data. For me terra grapplers are great and ive towed an atv on a trailer down a soppy levee road 6-8 in of mud for a mile or so with little problems. Trail grapplers would have been better though.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Lookin for aggressive? trail grapplers for sure.

·
Registered
469 Posts
love my new wrangle MTR with kevlar :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My suggestion is goodyear duratracs. I love mine

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
364 Posts
With building and racing off road for the past 10 years I have literally driven on every tire out there. By far the best tire on the market right now are the General Grabbers. I am not a fan of any Goodyear tires on a daily driver. They are soft and dont get good tread life. in the dirt there good. I personally just got 66k out of there A/T's but hated them in the rain! Toyo and BFG makes a great tire. but as far as everything I have thrown at them the Grabbers are far superior. Plus they look damn good

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts