Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know this is a little off topic but I picked up a motorcycle a few weeks ago, an RM250. It was in pieces but after a lot of sweat and TLC it is complete and running great. Does anyone know of good places to go riding, preferably around the fort worth side of town? I know about Red River Trails and Trophy Club, I hear RRT is great but its far for me except for occasional riding and I hear Trophy Club is crowded and dangerous. I would prefer some trails, not a track. On that note, anyone have a bike and want to come along?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Don't have a bike but I have a few friends that raced a couple years back. I'll ask them and shoot you a pm.

Congrats on getting it running.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My buddy said 360 and trinity. He said it's legal over there now. Also said Munster Texas has a place. You have to pay to get in but it's supposed to be awesome. He didn't know of many others because he raced more than road trails. Sorry I couldn't find more.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dodson914 said:
My buddy said 360 and trinity. He said it's legal over there now. Also said Munster Texas has a place. You have to pay to get in but it's supposed to be awesome. He didn't know of many others because he raced more than road trails. Sorry I couldn't find more.
Thanks, everything I have read on 360 says its illegal, its just a matter of if the land owner calls the cops, whether the cops or transit authority (since its by the tracks) feels like messing with you. Its all private property, not legal unless you have the landowners permission (and they are not giving it). Now if that is wrong, great because its about 50 miles closer than anywhere else. On texasoffroad.net they are always arguing on the same subject. I went out to Rocky Ridge yesterday which is about 1/2 way between Decatur and Gainsville. It was great until my clutch started making noises and I had to load it back up. I think the one in Muenster is Red River Riding ranch and I've also heard great things about it. Thanks for taking the effort to find the info.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is or was a motorcross park in Ft. Worth called Mosier Valley. It was off trinity. I went once back in 2001 but I don't know if its around anymore. There is also a park I have seen just north of Alpine shooting range.
I have been to 360 trails a few times. Sometimes I see cops out there but it is just one of those things you have to chance. Usually if you drive into it and trails way off the road you would have a better chance of not getting caught.
________
Vaporizer

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tex said:
There is or was a motorcross park in Ft. Worth called Mosier Valley. It was off trinity. I went once back in 2001 but I don't know if its around anymore. There is also a park I have seen just north of Alpine shooting range.
I THINK the Mosier valley place was a track. I have heard of it and actually heard bikes there in the past when I used to travel that road on occasion but I've never seen it either.
Where is the Alpine shooting range?
Off road parks are quickly becoming a thing of the past. As the cities expand it becomes more profitable for the owners to sell the land to developers. Thats why most of the current ones are way outside of any city limits. Mostly ranchers that weren't too good at it.
Do you have a bike?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i have been to moseir valley i think. is that the track in the giant pit? also lake whitney is cool in tx. Tracks are actually safer than trails or the dunes imo. after you can get around on a bike ok just go at your own pace and hold your line. if a faster guy comes along let HIM go around. the worse thing is jumping somthing and the guy in front of you thinks he will move out of the way and moves over in front of you(while ur in the air, ouch, been there) at least at the track everybody is going the same direction, theres not a sandrail coming up the other side of the hill you going up, and no suprise cliffs. also theres an ambulance at the track. but trails are fun to and teach you good bike control and balance

·
Registered
275 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
I THINK the Mosier valley place was a track. I have heard of it and actually heard bikes there in the past when I used to travel that road on occasion but I've never seen it either.
Where is the Alpine shooting range?
Off road parks are quickly becoming a thing of the past. As the cities expand it becomes more profitable for the owners to sell the land to developers. Thats why most of the current ones are way outside of any city limits. Mostly ranchers that weren't too good at it.
Do you have a bike?
If you take Anglin dr off I-20 and go south. After the road makes a 90* turn to the right take the first left and you will be going right along a golf course and take it till it dead ends and go left. The track will be on your right about 1/2 mile down. It is not a park with trails but its a motorcross park.

Mosier Valley is the track in the pit. I ust to see the lights on my way home from work but I havent noticed them on recently.
________
Lovely Wendie

·
Registered
685 Posts
I know im a little late, but I ride at North 40 up near Denison. Not exactly where you are looking for, but its got two moto tracks and an oval that I like to tear up.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I went out to a place called Rocky Ridge a few weeks ago, its between Decatur and Gainsville. Not a bad place, another ranch that lets bikes and quads in on the weekends, not as big as Red River from what I hear preferred by some. I can't wait to go out again and will as soon as the temp drops below 100.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you want to come out to North 40, some friends and I are going out to ride next Friday, the 31st if you want to join us. We will be heading up there in the morning from Plano

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TitanZX said:
If you want to come out to North 40, some friends and I are going out to ride next Friday, the 31st if you want to join us. We will be heading up there in the morning from Plano
I'd love to but I work M-F. Definately let me know the next time you go out on a weekend day, I'd love to join you. I need some riding buddies, it would ease my family's mind for sure, lol.
So I take you you have shed the crutches?

·
Registered
546 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
I'd love to but I work M-F. Definately let me know the next time you go out on a weekend day, I'd love to join you. I need some riding buddies, it would ease my family's mind for sure, lol.
So I take you you have shed the crutches?
Yeah, he told me he is not relying on the crutches as much anymore. Sounds he is doing A LOT better! Now just needs to put some weight back on. LOL :popcorn:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah Im doing alot better. I rode my Raptor 700r for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was on crutches then. Started it, popped it in first and rode a wheelie. Still got it. haha

I havent used the crutches since last Thursday. Well, I used them today because I jacked up my foot last night falling in a bar. lol Maybe I need to slow it down a bit?

Ill most certainly let ya know when I go out on a weekend.

And John, you are sooo right on the weight part. I have gained some of it back, but still got a good 35 pounds to put back on. Probably going to hit the gym here when it starts cooling down. :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TitanZX said:
And John, you are sooo right on the weight part. I have gained some of it back, but still got a good 35 pounds to put back on. Probably going to hit the gym here when it starts cooling down. :)
I've got an extra 35 to spare...Its all yours! :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
I've got an extra 35 to spare...Its all yours! :)
Ill gladly take it! haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts