Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to the midnight mayhem tomorrow night down here in vegas. it will be exactly one year to the day that i ran my truck last year and hit my 15.4 mark. when i hit that time the only mod i had was my banks exhaust. now i have gotten a volant GenIII CAI, 2* TA, Airraid TBS, TB bypass, and also about 20,000 more miles. the temperature will be about 65 degrees. im hoping to hit 15.0 flat. do you all think it can happen w/ my mods?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
n e one?:smoke:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
If not you should be close anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
im going to the midnight mayhem tomorrow night down here in vegas. it will be exactly one year to the day that i ran my truck last year and hit my 15.4 mark. when i hit that time the only mod i had was my banks exhaust. now i have gotten a volant GenIII CAI, 2* TA, Airraid TBS, TB bypass, and also about 20,000 more miles. the temperature will be about 65 degrees. im hoping to hit 15.0 flat. do you all think it can happen w/ my mods?
I think you could hit that time or possibly a 14.9 with a very good launch and good weather. Main problem your gonna have is if your (aftermarket?)tires can hook on the track. Don't worry bout taking the tailgate or spare off, leave um on for extra weight over the rear tires for traction. Off road tires and peg leg rear, your gonna need all the traction you can get. Air down your rear tires, air up your front, take all the crap outa your cab, put the back seats up, take bed extender out, leave tailgate up, drive around the water, do a *small * burnout just to clean the tire/s off, put it in D or 4, hug the edge of the track or just try to stay off the VHT (specially with offroad tires), take the slack outa the driveline before launching, don't worry bout beating the other guy, just try and concentrate on what you have to do to make a good run. I'm sure you know this, just wanted to remind you.

Worst comes to worst, launch in 4HI and just leave it in. You should be able to cut a 2.1 60ft. mark in 4HI no problem, only thing is it's gonna slow you down after the hole shot, and DON'T FORGET to turn it off before you make your turnaround. You can do the mash and go technique with 4HI no problem, the faster you can go WOT the better.

If you would like some 4HI times to compare to, my best 4HI run was a [email protected] with a 2.1x 60ft. mark in 85-89deg., 76+%humidity, with low bar press. My titan only had Volant Gen1 CAI and Banks, but it would do 15.2-15.3 consistantly in 4HI with very crappy weather.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hey thanks ill let you guys know how it goes. ill try to launch in 2x4 and 4x4...
BTW i will be running my stock wheels and tires

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, i just got home and i am rather dissapointed. temp was 73 not as cold as would like. 1st run was 16.0 at 84.02 mph in 2x4. 2nd run was 16.1 at 82 in 4x4. 3rd run was 15.9 at 84 in 2x4....this open diff is killing me. i cant stall when i launch nor can i mash it all the way and go. my back right tire justs roasts. i even aired my tires down to around 18 psi. i could launch it alright when my rugged trails were new but now i cant do anything to stop the spinning. i might just need some more practice:crying:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
well, i just got home and i am rather dissapointed. temp was 73 not as cold as would like. 1st run was 16.0 at 84.02 mph in 2x4. 2nd run was 16.1 at 82 in 4x4. 3rd run was 15.9 at 84 in 2x4....this open diff is killing me. i cant stall when i launch nor can i mash it all the way and go. my back right tire justs roasts. i even aired my tires down to around 18 psi. i could launch it alright when my rugged trails were new but now i cant do anything to stop the spinning. i might just need some more practice:crying:
TruTrac allows me to get 2.1 60' times with snow tires on. I air them down to 30PSI and roll into the throttle but the TT is great. It still takes practice though, even with TT unless you run slicks, you will spin some at the strip, better luck next time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It's all practice!!!I pulled 2.1's all the time with my open differential and even got a 2.0 or three.

With drag radials I can pull 1.9's now.

Last time I was at the track before I left I slapped my stock wheels on and took her for a ride...2.1 and ran a 14.35 I think it was.

I don't stall much....maybe up to 1k. Roll down half throttle....when you know your rolling....which is pretty quick...go the rest of the way and you shoudln't have any wheel spin.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what should be my next mod? TT or Uprev.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts