Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations to upgrade my 2012 SV (4WD) for better offroad handling. The majority of my driving is on logging roads. Lately it seems the ride is rough, and I feel I could have better handling and a smoother ride if I upgraded suspension. I am only running a 1.5" leveling kit, everything else is stock. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
459 Posts
What kind of tires on it, and do you have air down/up equipment (a good tire inflation tool on board)?
I run E range tires at 40 PSI on road, but drop the pressure to 25 or less, depending on the terrain/road, to make it less jarring. I carry a Craftsman 12 (lighter), 20 (battery), 120 (AC plug in to bed outlet) volt portable inflator. It and the extension cord fit under the rear seat, along with other items like jumper cables, spotlight, star wrench and a snatch block/winching kit.
The tires conform to the terrain more easily at lower pressure which in addition to the less rough ride, provides better traction over rocks and the like if you happen to explore a little more off road terrain.
An inflation tool would cost less than a suspension overhaul, just sayin'.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of tires on it, and do you have air down/up equipment (a good tire inflation tool on board)?
Definitely a good point. I run Nokian Rockproof tires. I do have air/up down equipment, but it seems like such a hassle to do this as often as I go on logging roads (sometimes twice a day). Something to consider, though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Definitely a good point. I run Nokian Rockproof tires. I do have air/up down equipment, but it seems like such a hassle to do this as often as I go on logging roads (sometimes twice a day). Something to consider, though.
That could get old fast. Some of the logging roads around here are like someone used a Volkswagon sized punch to make the holes, for 10 miles at a time. At that rate being able to go a little faster without shaking your fillings out will make up for the time spent reinflating.
It's also less punishing on things like sway bar links, ball joints, bushings and such which can add up pretty quick 💸💸💸

1 - 5 of 5 Posts