Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it fianly happened $542 for gas last month...This month gas is even more expensive...I think I'm paying about 1200 a month for insurance gas and car payments alone.. OUCH!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel the pain but can't let my Titan go. I might have to flip burgers on the side for gas money but it's still worth it.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Well it fianly happened $542 for gas last month...This month gas is even more expensive...I think I'm paying about 1200 a month for insurance gas and car payments alone.. OUCH!
I hate to say it but if it was costing me that much it would be gone.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea but when I fist got the titan gas was only like $2.35 a gallon, it really skyrocketed the week after...Now that gas is $3.50 a gallon and my commute to work has increased I'm in desperate need of a second vehicle, but this one is only 1/2 paid off. Maybe a used hybrid or something I dunno, but if it gets 3x better gas mileage the car would almost pay for itself!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
docweedon said:
Well...thats the price you pay to drive a full size truck.
I agree but there is such as thing as to much.If I didn't have my 88 hardbody I might would have to let the Titan go.I don't blame anybody for keeping their truck but at the same time I can see where someone could think it's time to let go.

·
Registered
969 Posts
try running a V8 car that gets the same mileage as the truck but needs 91/93.

the titan is cheap! to me anyway

you drive 2000 miles a month... that will hurt with any vehicle, short of a diesel jetta; hybrids are not worth it.

when i was buying mine i factored the cost of running it with 4$ gas. i've room to spare but this far i've averaged 1200 a month with the titan. otherwise i drive 2500 a month spread around 3 vehicles.

·
Premium Member
92,376 Posts
You messed up when you only got the KC. Should have bought a CC. There's plenty of room in there and with the DVD package, you have a TV. No reason NOT to live in it for $1200 a month and all those amenities!! :lol:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice avitar ^^^^^

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I feel your pain!

I bought a 1990 Accord to commute to work in, and run around town. Now, I only drive the Titan when needed, weekends, or going to the TRACK!!

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Man I'm still hanging in there but by a thread. I'm about to switch back to 87 for the summer.:D
The Titan is made to run on 87 octane. Anything above it is just a waste of money. I tow weekly and have 43,000 miles on my truck with zero problems running on 87.

Clint

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Clint said:
The Titan is made to run on 87 octane. Anything above it is just a waste of money. I tow weekly and have 43,000 miles on my truck with zero problems running on 87.

Clint

Yeah, but you don't have the UpRev tune like he does. If he wants to run a his 'performance map', he needs 93 (or 91?) octane.

·
Registered
801 Posts
yeah but fanz is uprev tuned I think, and when you do that 91+ is recommended.

Fanz, I'm with you...thank god the Brewers are kicking butt this year, cause its giving me something to think about besides all my bills going up. Food is going thru the roof, taxes up like usual, they want to stop busing the kids to school here, and we all have to drive. And here come the democrats in congress raising taxes .....:dunno: crack another beer, oh wait the tax on that is supposed to increase too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Clint said:
The Titan is made to run on 87 octane. Anything above it is just a waste of money.

I totally agree, I have 51K miles and have no problems with 87 octane, that is what it says to run in it. People always ask if they have to go with a higher octane with some of the mosd they do, and the consensus is always no, 87 is fine. The extra .20-.30 cents per gallon difference between 87 and 93 really adds up over a month/year.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have 45k on my 04 and i've always put 87 in it per the Nissan handbook. i didn't tell a bit of differene the handful of times, i've tried the higher grade.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
You won't see any improvement running a tank of 89 every once in a while. You need at least two or three tank fulls in a row to notice a difference.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
My gas bill has always been higher than my Truck payment!!! LOL:stab:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts