Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Wiscdave said:
Buzzkill do you have better track times with the 89 vs. 87?

I run 87. But in my previous Titan, I ran 89 for the first 8 months I owned it. Then I switched to 87 and my gas mielage went down.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Well it fianly happened $542 for gas last month...This month gas is even more expensive...I think I'm paying about 1200 a month for insurance gas and car payments alone.. OUCH!

Unless you HAVE to use your truck everyday, pick up a little POS that gets good gas mileage. I picked up an 01 5spd Bug that gets about 32 MPG. Hey, you do what you have to do in times of ridiculous gas prices. BTW, only a real man can get away with driving a Beetle....lol.

·
Registered
801 Posts
:cheers: to you sir for helping the cause. I'm driving a 90 buick centry that gets about 30 mpg -350 miles a week. Rides pretty nice for 80k on it and I got it off a family member for dirt cheap. Now if everybody would park the trucks for a day and car pool, drive the pos gas miser like me, or just drive the speed limit, we'd create less demand and thus lower the price. Easier said than done though..
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Unless you HAVE to use your truck everyday, pick up a little POS that gets good gas mileage. I picked up an 01 5spd Bug that gets about 32 MPG. Hey, you do what you have to do in times of ridiculous gas prices. BTW, only a real man can get away with driving a Beetle....lol.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Yup, I got a 90 Honda. Nice filling up once every two weeks.

I work about an hour and a half from DC. And sometimes, my work requires me to drive to DC during rush hour. I don't take my car, I take my 'company car'. I SIT on I-270 and I'm just amazed at all the cars with ONE person in them. If half of those people riding by themselves, got in the other halves car's, there'd be less traffic, less pollution, less frustration and cheaper gas.
I'm not a tree-hugging ELF wanna-be, but c'mon! It's madness!!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
buzzkillwill said:
Yup, I got a 90 Honda. Nice filling up once every two weeks.

I work about an hour and a half from DC. And sometimes, my work requires me to drive to DC during rush hour. I don't take my car, I take my 'company car'. I SIT on I-270 and I'm just amazed at all the cars with ONE person in them. If half of those people riding by themselves, got in the other halves car's, there'd be less traffic, less pollution, less frustration and cheaper gas.
I'm not a tree-hugging ELF wanna-be, but c'mon! It's madness!!
Thats the problem, I can take metro but it takes abotu 3 -4 horus to get to work instead of 30 minutes...I'd ride with someone else, but who? And if I did it would take me 3 times longer to get where I need to go even if there was less traffic...It sounds good in theory but without better transportation systems it is just not going to happen unles you like hitch hiking.

I need a used car bad, I'm going to start saving for a few months so I will be able to get one when gas hits around $4 a gallon, then again I'm thinking I should sell my titan since once gas goes past $4-5 it will be pretty much worthless anyways. I honestly Don't think this will be too far away, considering gas 3 years ago was about 1/2 as much as it is now. I can't affod to put $120 into my truck just to drive around and gas will be costing more than rent, and I live in Cali!

My titan is gettig 13 MPG. I'm usualy driving speed limit, maybe 75, but usualy under and in some traffic...No way in hell I'm putting 35's on it now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i deffinately havent thought of downsizing....i went from an f150 to the titan for the gas mileage...i had to keep the full sized truck (i hate cars), with about 50 miles total driven a day i dont mind the once a week fill up.

NICK

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
My gas bill was 1400 bucks last month.
I towed some stuff 2000 miles with the TItan.
My kid came home for spring break, and I went on a vintage motoring tour.
Lots of traveling. Lots of bills.
Wifey took care of the 1400 dollar problem.

·
Registered
191 Posts
TitanThunder said:
With the oil supply that the US really has, this shouldn't be the case.
What? The US produces 6 million barrels a day of crude and imports over 10 million barrels a day. With the oil supply the US really has, you should be thrilled prices are still as low as they are.

Back on topic, my gas bill is always more than my truck payment, unless gas is suddenly free. So what.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Nick_1551 said:
i deffinately havent thought of downsizing....i went from an f150 to the titan for the gas mileage...i had to keep the full sized truck (i hate cars), with about 50 miles total driven a day i dont mind the once a week fill up.

NICK
I fill up once a week with a 25 mile round trip commute...gotta love grid lock and a lead foot....wooooooooohooooo

PS you guys who calculate what you spend on gas and your MPG are some sadistic mofos....

This is not the vehicle to do that with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Yea but when I fist got the titan gas was only like $2.35 a gallon, it really skyrocketed the week after...Now that gas is $3.50 a gallon and my commute to work has increased I'm in desperate need of a second vehicle, but this one is only 1/2 paid off. Maybe a used hybrid or something I dunno, but if it gets 3x better gas mileage the car would almost pay for itself!
I bought a 93 sentra with 86,000 miles for $450 a year ago that I use to commute to work and back. It needed a few things-front brake calipers, pads all around, new tires, new muffler, one new fuel injector, new Pioneer in dash etc. I did all the work myself and probably put in about $750 into it. I put on 39,000 miles on it in one year. It get's about 30 mpg. Saved me a TON of money.

It's basically a beater. Maybe you can go that route. Still have my truck.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I just read today that gas prices are pretty much peaked and should slowly start coming down....only to peak again in late June.....then come back down again. All refineries are back on line and demand is slowing again because of the price.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Wiscdave said:
:cheers: to you sir for helping the cause. I'm driving a 90 buick centry that gets about 30 mpg -350 miles a week. Rides pretty nice for 80k on it and I got it off a family member for dirt cheap. Now if everybody would park the trucks for a day and car pool, drive the pos gas miser like me, or just drive the speed limit, we'd create less demand and thus lower the price. Easier said than done though..

europe has been lowering demand for decades and their gas is still out the wazoo.

price gouging does not go by demand and supply.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
calculating my mileage because I wanted to see if the exhaust and intake were helping. I did notice some improvement on long hauls but in LA traffic they have not helped at all, not even a little.

Wen I got the truck my gas bills were only 1/2 of what they are now. Cost of living is increasing more than my paycheck..Mostly due to gas prices.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gas is now around $3.10 for regular here in S.Florida and filling up the titan every 5 days is getting ridiculous. So in an attempt to save gas I just bought an 07 Lexus and now the truck is garaged. J/K I had to buy another car anyways. Well the only bad thing with the lexus is it takes premium only.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 01 civic coupe, 35+mpg for daily commute but I don't even drive it cause I like the torque and the room of the Titan. Now my cousin drives it cause his car blew up. Its about time to repo that sucker at 3.10 per gallon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
iamquockie said:
I have a 01 civic coupe, 35+mpg for daily commute but I don't even drive it cause I like the torque and the room of the Titan. Now my cousin drives it cause his car blew up. Its about time to repo that sucker at 3.10 per gallon.

Dude.... CALIFORNIA.....3.60 a GALLON and 3.47 if you get a good giggity.

giggity giggity goo!!!

EC

21 - 40 of 41 Posts