Nissan Titan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
View attachment 551968 Here is the universal Amazon one. Yup, my comments are just me because I see the inexpensive one that all the veloster guys use and it's universal so I will have to get my own hoses.
I think I have the same one but I haven't installed it yet. Are you buying a second one too? Could you take a picture or two of the install? Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
I was going to try the one and see how quickly it fills. If it fills quickly, I would set up another so each side was on it's own

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just installed my JLT, 15 mins and blurry directions later its all good! Can't wait to see how much oil I can catch lol. Only complaint is, one of the hoses looks flat..hope it doesn't cause a blockage/restriction.

·
Registered
2018 Titan Pro-4x King Cab
14 Posts
Just installed my JLT, 15 mins and blurry directions later its all good! Can't wait to see how much oil I can catch lol. Only complaint is, one of the hoses looks flat..hope it doesn't cause a blockage/restriction.
Mine is in too! My hoses seemed fine and good quality. Maybe contact JTL and see what they can do about it. I agree the directions were very fuzzy but I was able to watch the install video on their product page, made it a lot easier.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ahh yes, shouldve watched the video but it was pretty cut and dry. Good Idea, I shall call them tomorrow thanks Takka Takka. I agree, the hoses were better quality than factory also.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
Did you guys catch anything? I still need to install mine. Procrastination is killing me because of the weather and lack of time to get miles in on my bicycle. I got a couple long rides coming up so I have to get seat time in to make sure I complete them. A 65 miler and two 100 milers before the end of the year

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you guys catch anything? I still need to install mine. Procrastination is killing me because of the weather and lack of time to get miles in on my bicycle. I got a couple long rides coming up so I have to get seat time in to make sure I complete them. A 65 miler and two 100 milers before the end of the year
Seems to be working. I looked at it last weekend. I'm not sure how many miles I put on it but it's definitely under 100. I was actually surprised by how much was in there for not that much driving. There was maybe half inch of stuff.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Haven't checked yet. Its been a month and maybe 500 miles. I'll check this week.
Takka, you had 1/2 inch of oil in 100 miles? Holy....

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
It sure seemed like it. I was surprised too.
That would be a huge amount in only 100 miles.
I don’t get a half in much in my Challenger in 1000
miles.

Clint

Reactions: HMX Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
That would be a huge amount in only 100 miles.
I don’t get a half in much in my Challenger in 1000
miles.

Clint
I follow the instructions and have double checked it. Any idea why I would be getting so much?

·
Registered
58 Posts
That seems very excessive. I installed mine at 400 miles. First dump was at 1500 miles and it was about a half inch. About what I'd expect for 1100 miles. Just checked it now and it was about 1" full. I'm at 3400 miles now, so 1900 since I last dumped it. Should be able to go 5000 miles during summer months between dumping it. Winter will be closer to 3500 miles based on other setups I've had.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That seems very excessive. I installed mine at 400 miles. First dump was at 1500 miles and it was about a half inch. About what I'd expect for 1100 miles. Just checked it now and it was about 1" full. I'm at 3400 miles now, so 1900 since I last dumped it. Should be able to go 5000 miles during summer months between dumping it. Winter will be closer to 3500 miles based on other setups I've had.

Damn !!! I need to hurry up and get mine on!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts

Pretty much spot on with my results. Well worth the $$$ IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
What brand of oil are you guys using. Just curious as some tend to vapor more than others. Seems excessive but proof is in the pudding as they say. Going to check right now!

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
the dealer puts mobile1, i believe. that's who does the oil changes on mine and the sticker on the window says mobile1 if i remember right

·
Read Only
67 Posts
Are you guys using an actual oil separator or the oil catch can? Here's my take on the subject! If you fellows were running a Ecoboost I would answer this question differently. Do you need one on your Nissan Titan 5.6? It won't hurt as long as you got it plumbed up right and your hoses aren't kinked. It should keep you running cleaner! If your truck is moded, CIA, headers, exhaust or tunes. To ramp up some performance maybe try a two catch can system or upgrade to a air/oil separator. So your not dumping a 1/2" of oil from a single can in a thousand miles or so. With a Air/oil separator there's a drain from the oil to be dumped back into the oil pan. Less fuss and maintenance! But I get it, a bunch of us like to tinker and can't resist leaving well enough alone.........

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
i know i have the one to put on but some people have dual catch cans, not air/oil separators. i haven't seen anyone do a true air/oil separator.

i need to find the comment where someone put the measurements for the hoses before i put mine in. i was just going to buy 10' of hose and a couple of Ts but i saw someone had posted the proper lengths for the hoses in one of the threads. to bad i cannot find it anymore

·
Registered
336 Posts
i know i have the one to put on but some people have dual catch cans, not air/oil separators. i haven't seen anyone do a true air/oil separator.

i need to find the comment where someone put the measurements for the hoses before i put mine in. i was just going to buy 10' of hose and a couple of Ts but i saw someone had posted the proper lengths for the hoses in one of the threads. to bad i cannot find it anymore
I asked and screenshot it. Here ya go.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts