Nissan Titan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Read Only
67 Posts
The JLT 3.0 comes with everything you need! The hoses are already set up and it is a simple plug and play. They have a YouTube video to show you how to install it. You could probably see how they plumbed it up and adapt what you got accordingly...

·
Registered
336 Posts
The JLT 3.0 comes with everything you need! The hoses are already set up and it is a simple plug and play. They have a YouTube video to show you how to install it. You could probably see how they plumbed it up and adapt what you got accordingly...
Inhad originally askedNismoMike for the hose lengths because I bought the JLT for my f150 about a month before I traded it. I took it off the truck to put on the Titan, but of course the hoses are all different. So I’m just gonna put it together myself using the JLT can.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, I saw it and it’s easy enough. I just need to take my lazy self to the auto store and get the hoses. I haven’t been too concerned about it because the truck doesn’t get driven that often or that many miles.

·
Read Only
67 Posts
Ours doesn't either! I think it has around 3,000 miles since we got it in October. May throw one on, but it will probably be the Air/Oil Separator. Just to be different!

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
You guys just made me 😉 spend $159 on a catch can for my truck. It’s supposed to come this time next week. I should have done this last year when I bought it.

Clint

·
Registered
848 Posts

1 table spoon or a half oz in 600 miles. Thats a lot if you think about it right? Should I/ we dump it back in?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wouldn’t. The videos show some pretty milky oil coming out of the catch cans. I’d just add some extra fresh oil if you are low. I wouldn’t reuse that stuff.

·
Read Only
67 Posts
Some of the catch cans have a plug on the bottom. You could plumb it back to the oil pan it does. Then there's no maintenance!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm in shock how.much oil is in there! Its not milky at all. Hmmmm....what to do? Dump it back in or put it with waste oil?

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Waste oil.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Read Only
67 Posts
You have two options! You can get a oil can separator which has a dip stick and a plug on the bottom to install a valve to empty it. Or unscrew it like your doing and dump it out. Then clean it periodically!

Go with a Air/Oil Separator! Which puts the filtered oil back into the oil pan. But you'll have to clean this set-up also. Maybe 15,000 miles.

Is your oil catch can filtered? Either with steel wool or brass! The oil is probably safe to return into your Oil unless it looks milky or foamy. I mean your filtering the motor oil twice. With the oil filter and catch can!

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
265 Posts
You guys just made me 😉 spend $159 on a catch can for my truck. It’s supposed to come this time next week. I should have done this last year when I bought it.

Clint
x2 (but I used coupon code “JLTSAVE5” to save 5%) 😉

·
Registered
848 Posts
Roger that Clint. It's a lot less than (I can't remember his name) that had a half inch of oil in 100 miles. That's insane!

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
I installed my can yesterday and drove 100 miles approximately today, there was just enough oil to coat the bottom of the can so I’ll check it again at 500 miles. In my Challenger at 1000 miles it’s not even an inch. I wish I heard of this can for these trucks last year as today I passed 20,000 miles today.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
265 Posts
I installed my can yesterday and drove 100 miles approximately today, there was just enough oil to coat the bottom of the can so I’ll check it again at 500 miles. In my Challenger at 1000 miles it’s not even an inch. I wish I heard of this can for these trucks last year as today I passed 20,000 miles today.

Clint
Hahaha, I installed mine yesterday as well! I went with the black JLT….

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've been following this thread for maybe 8/9 months. I don't drive my truck a ton either but ****, are they really that necessary? Or it a Titan thing because I don't remember this being a thing on my Ram or even my friends with Ford or Chevy over the years. Not that we're gear heads but definitely modify as play as a hobby.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts