Nissan Titan Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been following this thread for maybe 8/9 months. I don't drive my truck a ton either but ****, are they really that necessary? Or it a Titan thing because I don't remember this being a thing on my Ram or even my friends with Ford or Chevy over the years. Not that we're gear heads but definitely modify as play as a hobby.
It's really just a direct injection thing. Even worse with turbos because of increased blow by and intake air temperatures lead to coking shown in the photo. Also, more cylinders leads to more pcv blow through. It's not something that will always show itself as an obvious problem. More likely to be a very minor and slow loss of power from build up on the valves.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been following this thread for maybe 8/9 months. I don't drive my truck a ton either but ****, are they really that necessary? Or it a Titan thing because I don't remember this being a thing on my Ram or even my friends with Ford or Chevy over the years. Not that we're gear heads but definitely modify as play as a hobby.
The only reason a catch can isn't standard equipment is the additional cost and required maintenance. There's a benefit if properly maintained and serviced. It's probably like any other modification! Does your truck really need a CAI or a dual exhaust? No! It will function fine completely stock, but everyone thinks differently.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
i think its a direct injection engine deal. the other manufacturers who are direct injection also have it on the forums for their cars too. like my son's Hyundai Veloster. they all put them on for the same reason

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think they are better suited for the Ecoboost twin turbo set-up. But whatever floats your boat! I don't keep a vehicle long any ways.

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
51 Posts
I like this JLT model. I think I might switch my dual cans over to this single can. The mounting is easier too.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Has anyone tried the can extension?

I’m at about 300 miles since the install and depending on what’s in there now I’ll see how it is at 500 then decide if I’ll get the longer cup. My Challenger only creates about an inch of oil by 1000 miles. I am happy that I bought it.

Clint

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
I just checked, I’m at 365 miles since installing the can, I measured just about 1/4“ of oil in there. It will go a long distance to fill the can. I’ll Check at 1000 miles and see what’s there and have an idea where 5000 would get me. I’ll pour it into a small container and keep doing that until the 5000 miles is accrued and then use a measuring cup to see if I was correct. Since it’s right up front it’s so easy to get to.

Clint

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Too late. It's a nice looking part though.
I also found out too late to save the 5%, 🤦🏼‍♂️
Oh well, may it be the worst thing to happen.

·
Registered
2018 Titan Pro-4x King Cab
14 Posts
Seems to be working. I looked at it last weekend. I'm not sure how many miles I put on it but it's definitely under 100. I was actually surprised by how much was in there for not that much driving. There was maybe half inch of stuff.
So I just checked it again and emptied it after 1k miles. I still had about the same 1/2" that I had before. Not sure why I had so much in the beginning but not much after. I will check it again in 500 miles.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts