Nissan Titan Forum banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pro-4X Glacier White
13 Posts
Checked mine today after only around 100 miles and there was enough to coat and swirl around the bottom of the can.

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
My method so we can compare was remove the can, dip a paint stick or something else into the oil and measure the depth. That bottle looks like very little as it’s a bit wider than the can and have no reference now.
I’ll bet you’re very happy that you bought and installed it.

Clint

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
366 Posts
It looked like a very similar amount in the can, but I couldn’t get a good reference shot. My plan is to collect the oil in the bottle and mark the amount. 2,000 miles, 5k, etc… very happy with my purchase!

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
It looked like a very similar amount in the can, but I couldn’t get a good reference shot. My plan is to collect the oil in the bottle and mark the amount. 2,000 miles, 5k, etc… very happy with my purchase!
I’d check it at each 1000, just in case. Have you considered buying the longer can? I gave thought about it. Too bad it’s not and option in place of the shorter one at time of sale.

Clint

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
It will be well worth your money.

Clint

Reactions: admire

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
366 Posts
This is total collection in 5,000 miles. I’d say after 25,000-30,000 miles the bottle will be full.

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
It’s a valuable accessory, just hope nobody forgets to keep and eye on it.

Clint

Reactions: SeanDavy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I haven't emptied mine in 3500 miles and towed the 3800 lb. trailer for 400 of those. I'll check it at lunch today.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Titan Platinum Reserve
12 Posts
Just ordered one myself... (Thanks for the JLTSAVE5). I had a dual set up on my supercharged Shelby CS8... Kept a lot of funky waste out of the crankcase... Worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
439 Posts
First dump after 1,000 miles. Wish I would’ve known about this 15,000 miles ago.
Water Liquid Drinkware Drinking water Mineral water

Reactions: Clint

·
Registered
75 Posts
3700 miles since last dump. Seems to be filling up slower since doing the first oil change at 3400 miles. Running Mobile1 Advanced Milage Formula 0w20. Could just be the rings have seated better now that it's broke in. 5600 miles total in the bottle.

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
3700 miles since last dump. Seems to be filling up slower since doing the first oil change at 3400 miles. Running Mobile1 Advanced Milage Formula 0w20. Could just be the rings have seated better now that it's broke in. 5600 miles total in the bottle.

Curious, how many miles on your truck that you switched to advanced mileage formula?

Clint

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
i have tried to order you guys cool looking catch can kit three times today. i guess the storm in the gulf is blocking me, i don't know why it won't go through. maybe tomorrow after the rain passes.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I looked at the JLT from my old Ford and it looks like it would be a pain to modify. So ended up ordering one online and hoping it makes it here by Friday.

Have a long trip towing my toy hauler coming up Saturday and I’d like to have it installed before that. We’ll see.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts