Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought an '06 CC LE, and it's got 9500 miles on it so far. I'm not familiar with it's history....

Nonetheless, I'll be driving back to Canada (600 miles), and going for a hunting trip this fall (2200 miles), pulling a 5'x10' trailer with a small ATV, and three fat slobs...:teeth:

Reading up on the forums, and the potential differential problems, would you suggest to change the diff oil immediately, before the trip, after the trip, or don't worry about it??

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Can't hurt to change it now, it's easier than changing the engine oil. Do some searches to find out what guys recommend for fluid. I can't remember what it was I used in mine. Make sure it's the correct weight and fully synthetic.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I say dont worry about it till you get back if then. Cheap insurance. If it's going to drive you crazy, than chage it. IF it's not do it at the 30k. Good luck hunting.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Pijetro said:
I've bought an '06 CC LE, and it's got 9500 miles on it so far. I'm not familiar with it's history....

Nonetheless, I'll be driving back to Canada (600 miles), and going for a hunting trip this fall (2200 miles), pulling a 5'x10' trailer with a small ATV, and three fat slobs...:teeth:

Reading up on the forums, and the potential differential problems, would you suggest to change the diff oil immediately, before the trip, after the trip, or don't worry about it??
04s didn't come with synthetic. A lot of us with the 04s were changing it around 15,000 miles to 75w140 synthetic. That's where a lot of the hype about changing it early came from. I think 9500 is a bit early myself.

I'll be headed to god's country later this month to shoot some sky maggots. Good hunting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts