Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I BOUGHT 2020 TITAN IN JUNE , I HAD IT FOR 8 MONTHS ON IOL CHANGE . I HAVE TAKING IT TO THE DEALER SHIP TO GET A OIL CHANGE . THEY SAID IT DOES'T NEED ONE BECAUSE IT ONLY HAS 2367 MILES ON IT . I HAVE HAD A FEW NISSAN , AND THAE TOLD ME THAT IF I DON'T MEET THE MILES TO DO IT EVER 6 MONTHS . I BOUGHT A 6 YEAR MAINTENANCE COVERAGE. SO THEY WANT CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 6 MONTHS . THEY SAID I HAVE TO WAIT TILL 5000 MILES . I LOVE MY TRUCK & WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT . AND THIS IS BOTHERING ME. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,691 Posts
Can you not just go get in the oil change ar a line and tell them to do it? I just show up and get in line and they do it, miles or not

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's different when you're paying for it, then every 6 months regardless of mileage. When they're paying for it then every 5,000 miles regardless of time elapsed.
I'd get it in writing from someone of importance at the dealership, or better Nissan head office that in order to avoid any warranty issues, like you didn't have it done in a timely manner, that you insist that it be done at 5,000 miles OR 6 months whichever comes first. Those slime ball dealerships will squeeze for every last nickel and "deny, deny, deny" is the company line.

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I'm not surprised that a maintenance agreement won't cover it. They won't change it whenever you want it done. It's on a schedule.

My current truck is maintained on the severe duty schedule due to the amount of miles that it's used to tow. Every 5,000 miles it gets an oil change. But I'm the one doing it.

Modern engines and modern oil don't come anywhere close to needing 3 months/3000 miles. The oil and engine can go much further. Yes, it sounds nice to get the factory oil out of there. But it will be OK. My Titan was on 10,000 mile oil change intervals or every 12 months, whichever came first.

·
Registered
274 Posts
A stealership turning away easy, overpriced money?!?! 🤯
Mach1 is right above, depends on if your oil changes are part of a package given by the dealership on purchase (i.e. Lifetime oil changes if you buy it from us). Or if you pay the 9 million $ yourself, lol.
Especially in today's times, i wouldn't worry yourself. You can check your dipstick to see if your oil is getting black, or still staying opaque.

I got an oil change once on Pathfinder, and a woman was in front of me who owned her Sentra for 6 or 7 years (don't remember) without changing the oil and only just reached 20K. I saw her drive in and out before me, so didn't seem like any problems with THAT. So, you should be good. LOL.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
78 Posts
It's most likely they only get reimbursed for parts and labor every six months. Anything in between is on them or the customer. Just like warranty service. The dealer doesn't provide the service for free. They receive payment for whatever service they provide by Nissan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Simple answer is you're going to be fine going 6 months or 5000 miles between changes.

Reactions: CBEllis
1 - 7 of 7 Posts