but i dont kno how much to put back in
any help?
lol

PLEASE DONT ROAST ME FOR NOT KNOWING HAHA
"misslelau

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Don't you have a owners manual? If I remember right, I think it is 6.5 quarts.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
6.5 quarts with filter change. Alot of folks put in a full 7quarts. Just put in 6.5 and adjust it after driving it. Also it calls for 5W30.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Always takes 7 quarts to get mine to the full line, so you will need to buy 7 quarts of oil and a good quality filter. Notice I said quality, so nothing Fram.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
If you can't understand your manual maybe your truck would be better off getting it's oil changed by professionals? I'm just saying...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
MXtitan24 said:
i cant understand it,
even the really simple stuff
You can't understand that the manual says to put in 6.5 qts. of oil???

God help ya. Save yourself a lot of trouble and take an auto mechanics course. On second thought....................just take your truck to one of those quick change places and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
MXtitan24 said:
i cant read..
jk
i cant understand it,
even the really simple stuff
You can't read it in the manual but you can read it here? How odd.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I always put in about 10 quarts and then I remember that I forgot to put the drain plug back in. Then I usually put another 6.5 quarts as specified by the manual after putting the drain plug back. Let it drain down and then check the dip stick (no, not my wife either). Dip stick usually reads right in the middle after 6.5 quarts.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
basically i dont feel like reading the manual.
i can change the oil
im just lazy and i dont feel like paying jiffy lube
i can do it myself in like 20 minutes

·
Registered
183 Posts
I normally do 6 Qts of 5W30 plus the 1/2 Qt of STP oil treatment - with an oil/filter change

·
Premium Member
59,072 Posts
MXtitan24 said:
basically i dont feel like reading the manual.
Don't feel like reading the manual but you feel like troubling someone else for the answer. I'll take a WAG and say you're under 30.

·
Premium Member
59,072 Posts
MXtitan24 said:
try under 18
Isn't it amazing how I can tell without ever seeing or knowing you.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hay its first oil change?? My 06 you have to remove the skid plate to get to the oil filter, real easy im sure yours is the same.

BIG TIP>>> Put some anti sieze on the skid plate threads the dam things sieze up and break off!!! i wish i knew that before.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.