Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are towing, what kind of oil consumption are you seeing with your Titan? I'm planning a 7000 mile trip this summer and want to have enough on hand just in case. My old truck consumed 1 qt every 1000-1500 miles. But that was with a small V-8 that was working pretty hard.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
My truck has never used oil, no matter what or if i was towing anything....

Good luck and Happy Towing.....

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
Same here.

I routinely tow a 4-5K lb boat and trailer 200 miles round trip. Never had any oil consumption.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ditto, no oil used while towing. Towed a travel trailer 3000 miles in two weeks last summer, no measurable oil used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got home from a 1500km round trip over a snowy 6500 foot pass, 80km head winds both ways and temps from +8c to -20c pulling a 26 foot travel trailer (5000lbs). Not a drop of oil!!

First time pulling with my 06 CC Titan.....wow what a truck! Very impressed!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks like I don't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I towed a 5K pound boat from LA to Chicago and back a few years ago with my 04 cc 4x4 big tow + offroad titan.

There was an extremely minimal amount of oil consumed maybe 1/4 of a pint and I was "hauling a" the whole time. It wont burn anything like what you are describing.

You can search under my screen name and read the post.

Although Ive modded my truck with Stillen brakes and a few other goodies I believe Titan is the best, most economical towing rig in the half ton class- maybe bested only by the new toyota - maybe.

Davegvg
04 titan 4x4 CC
06 g35 Coupe
20.8 Laveycraft Sebring tunnel
2 segways
kfx-450
raptor-700
18ft adventure rpm toy hauler

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Cool news.
I have 16000 on mine, and have never had to add.
Lots of towing too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts