Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for those of ya who want background on this story, please go to this thread:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/55156-ack-oil-filter-problem-horror-story.html

OK, after almost a month of dealing with managers, service managers, district managers, both at the Nissan dealer and Expressway/Valvoline, i finally got the call i wanted today!

Expressway will re-imburse me! weeeeeeeeeeee! i was so happy when one of the "head honchos" at Expressway called me today, he basically did not want to have any problems. he had tried to actually visit my Nissan dealer, but apparently they "co-operated" somewhat by phone calls. One of the things Expressway wanted to know is why a seemingly good oil cooler had to be replaced? he said that the dealer told him that according to Nissan's service repair policies, if ANY part of a cooler needs to be touched, they have to replace the entire oil cooler! ........ well, whatever, i still think that the oil monkees were the ones at fault, but i guess by sending me a check, Expressway basically "admits" they were at fault
but in the end, i will get a check for almost $600 within 2 weeks!

if u ever have a problem, my advise is to be persistant, patient and go up the ladder. i found that the upper management at Expressway/Valvoline was very co-operative in my case....... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Fantastic!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
How the heII does someone try and screw that on and not know somethings wrong? That guy hadda use all his might to get it on! Learn something from thim. Change your own oil!!!! It takes 15 minutes and will save you money. Besides, then you know what materials are used and that it was done right!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Don't get too happy until you get the check.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HudsonValleyTitan said:
How the heII does someone try and screw that on and not know somethings wrong? That guy hadda use all his might to get it on! Learn something from thim. Change your own oil!!!! It takes 15 minutes and will save you money. Besides, then you know what materials are used and that it was done right!
one thing for sure, my oil will now be changed ONLY by the dealer. after this, theres no way im gonna trust any of the quick oil change places w my Titan.
my dealer, Bruce Bennett Nissan (formerly Bob Sharp Nissan) said they had never seen how a fliter was so stuck! it took alot (as the pics show) just to remove the filter. (tho it never leaked!)

remember, Expressway had changed the oil and filter 2 months earlier.
then when i took my Titan for the harnesss recall, i told them to change the oil while they were at it. thats when they discovered the problem in the aforementioned thread.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Glad to hear it's getting resolved. Yes it's Expressway fault for sure but I would also have to question why the whole cooler had to be replaced. They designed the tube to unscrew for a reason. If that was the case why would they have for sale just the tube?:D

I just went over the service manual and no where does it state that, anyway glad you got a good ending.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
baseballfanz said:
Glad to hear it's getting resolved. Yes it's Expressway fault for sure but I would also have to question why the whole cooler had to be replaced. They designed the tube to unscrew for a reason. If that was the case why would they have for sale just the tube?:D

I just went over the service manual and no where does it state that, anyway glad you got a good ending.
THX baseballfanz......

yeah, thats what he said the dealer said. i guess maybe the dealer figured that they may have caused some damage to the oil cooler when they struggled to remove the filter.
but who knows, at least it didnt get to the point where a judge was gonna decide who knew what about this mess. cuz i was going to go to small claims if it wasnt resolved.

oh well, at least now i can wait for the check!... wooohoooo!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
baseballfanz said:

oh, one more thing. since i assume the oil cooler is in good shape, maybe ill sell it real cheap here. im sure theres plenty of Titan engine tinkers out there who may want one.
......i think i will. once i get that check, then ill feel safe parting w it and ill post it in the PARTS thread. for now at least heres a pic of the cooler:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
phugoid said:
oh, one more thing. since i assume the oil cooler is in good shape, maybe ill sell it real cheap here. im sure theres plenty of Titan engine tinkers out there who may want one.
......i think i will. once i get that check, then ill feel safe parting w it and ill post it in the PARTS thread. for now at least heres a pic of the cooler:

I doubt it, but it would be a good conversation piece hanging from your garage wall. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Nice to hear you are getting what your are entitled to.
I like to hear good news every now and then.

Clint

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
EVO8 said:
Don't get too happy until you get the check.
IM HAPPY!!!! woooohooooo...
I got the check today!
in less than a week inwhich i was told i was going to get one!
credit to Expressway/Valvoline for being honest and prompt!

i better be extra careful tomorrow, cuz i pick up my Titan from the shop, and i get to deposit almost $600 back into my account....woooohhhhoooooooo!
:gossip: :kiss:

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Nice to see the story does have a happy ending.

Clint

1 - 13 of 13 Posts